Subject: Can a Disrupted Unit Redeploy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Hoyt

Durango
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a Disrupted unit in a battle hex with enemy units and friendly (undisrupted) units. The hex is in supply

I can't move my disrupted unit
I can't make him disrupted while he is in a battle hex
Being in supply, he is not eliminated

So if I can't redeploy him (and I can't figure it out from the rules) then I think my only choice to get him back to undisrupted is to clear the battle hex of all enemy units. But I'd really rather redeploy him if possible

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Schoonmaker
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
badge
This overtext intentionally left blank.
mbmbmbmbmb
In the PDF version of the rules I have (1.02), 16.51 says:
Quote:
16.51 REDEPLOYMENT During Buildup, individual undisrupted units can be moved without reference to Groups by Redeployments.

"undisrupted" appears in red text, so I think it was a clarification added after 1.0. My hardcopy rules from the game are not ready to hand, so I can't check what they say on the topic.

Edited to add: 16.52 Return For Refit also has the same qualifier, so you cannot get out that way, either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cundiff
United States
St. Bernice
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to remember reading there was a rule allowing "free retreat".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cundiff wrote:
I seem to remember reading there was a rule allowing "free retreat".

Hi Tom,

The free retreat that you are referring to is probably either one of these two things:

- the "Return for Refit" [16.52] in the monthly Buildup Phase mentioned above. This is free in the sense that you do not have to pay Replacement Points to return a given block to Base. The drawback is that you cannot count on this unit for the whole month till the next Buildup phase.

- The free Withdrawal Movement in a Pass Turn Option [4.5]. This is free in the sense it does not cost you any supply card. Note that if the Withdrawn units are not engaged in a battle, they withdraw undisrupted. However, withdrawing units must abide 4 requirements [5.3]. These requirements makes sure that you only withdraw your front-line units along your supply lines.

Disrupted units only move when they are Routed [11.3]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blockhead wrote:

So if I can't redeploy him (and I can't figure it out from the rules) then I think my only choice to get him back to undisrupted is to clear the battle hex of all enemy units. But I'd really rather redeploy him if possible

Fighting a battle till the bitter end is costly. Maneouver - if possible - and cut him the supply line to the battle hex.

See the sidebar note in the rulebook, page 14.

Final Supply Check Routs
If units engaged in battle become
Disrupted due to lack of a Supply Line,
they are immediately eliminated, since
units without a Supply Line cannot
Withdraw

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.