Popular Tags: [View All]
Elijah
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
You think that's air you're breathing?
badge
We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant That We Should voyage far.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on the fence about this one. I want to purchase but I'm wondering about the replayability. Specifically, how many times would you be able to play before it would get stale (card text, etc).

Keep in mind, I don't really know how it exactly plays.

Can anyone comment?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Jacobson
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
High replayability. Lots of variability in the set up: different conspirators with different special abilities, burning 2 cards of each stage's deck, and shuffling up of the event decks, conspirator deck, and item tiles. It's certainly got a lot more replayability than Pandemic (it's spiritual predecessor).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant That We Should voyage far.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, ordered!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WJ C
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
derp wrote:
Thanks, ordered!

that didnt take much...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I don't think replayability is very high. The game has a really similar flow throughout, mostly because of the semi-linear event cards as well as the way the board access expands and shrinks. Some cards get revealed in slightly different order, but with 4 players at least it makes little difference for one card to be revealed one round earlier than at another time.

But I think this is incredibly thematic and I prefer it this way! It would make no sense otherwise.

While the story of the game is pretty much linear, the game does add variety from the plot cards and conspirator cards in general. So you can never be sure what cards are there in the game. And there is more replay-ability in this base game box than in Pandemic base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Posa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
derp wrote:
I'm on the fence about this one. I want to purchase but I'm wondering about the replayability. Specifically, how many times would you be able to play before it would get stale (card text, etc).

Keep in mind, I don't really know how it exactly plays.

Can anyone comment?

I think the replay value is very high. Lots of unknown factors (dice results, event sequence, item reveal, character attribute, etc.) means every game plays out differently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Halden of FTL
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with all of the above.

The variety of player powers, random item placement, dice rolls, random stage card removal, and difficulty level would give this game legs IMHO

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ruazn2 wrote:
derp wrote:
Thanks, ordered!

that didnt take much...

Right, I was on the fence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.