39 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: TurnStyle: Additional Quests and Monsters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oscar T
msg tools
Since I've been working on a bunch of quests and monsters I've decided to post all of them here in one location. They will be updated in this original post with a date stamp.

I'm currently re-doing my quests and monsters as I found better files to facilitate this. As an example, here is the first of many quests which has been revised.

QUESTS

The Tomb Queen (Updated Dec. 29)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4x0mlu5x68avi4c/WHQTheTombQueen.pd...

Includes the following enemies:
Crokodilisk
Mummy
Tomb Lich
Tomb Shaman
Tomb Giant
Tomb Carrion
Tomb Guard
Nezeeri (Nemesis)

Lustrian Troubles (Updated Dec. 29)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lp6lckqeizhdfvl/WHQLustrianTrouble...

Skink Swarm
Skink Hunter
Saurus Warriors
Temple Guard
Cold One Riders
Amazon Headhunters
Shadowking Spiders
Kroxigor
Hajup'Set (Nemesis)

The Twisted Tower (Updated Dec. 29)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cve8mxb76exoppm/WHQTheTwistedTower...

Flamers of Tzeentch
Screamers of Tzeentch
Tzeentch Chaos Warrior
Tzeentch Abomination
Tzeentch Acolyte
Tzeentch Mage
Pink Horror
Blue Horror
Ta-Ral (Nemesis)

The Desolate North
(Updated Dec. 29)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qsrbto9yzeqmrrz/WHQTheDesolateNort...

-Ogre Bulls
-Minotaurs
-Centigors
-Ungors
-Beastmen
-Cave Trolls
-Wartusks
-Northmen
-Pollok Freudelich, NPC
-Kiror Keenclaw, Nemesis

CHARACTERS

Norse Raider
(Updated Nov. 28)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7wfl6cb56d62nu3/WHQNorseRaider.pdf...

Empire Greatsword (Updated Nov. 30)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/70c1aosmlhsvcao/WHQGreatSword.pdf?...

Bretonnian Questing Knight (Updated Dec. 6)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovdtkhhr67d1p74/WHQQuestingKnight....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
Great job man thanks for keeping this great game alive! Are these tested for balance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar T
msg tools
Nope, not even close. Hence, I'd like peoples replies and suggestions if they get to play-test them. I don't get to play the game much, so it'll be a while before I get to run them frequently enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar T
msg tools
Alright, uploaded the other two revised quests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar T
msg tools
Added a suicidal new character, the Empire Greatsword. Trading all of his defense for offense. I'm not sure if anyone will be able to get through a game with him - should be a good challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
raul martin
Spain
arrecife
canarias
flag msg tools
Amazing work...thanks a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bernard christophe
France
flag msg tools

The real future of his game is you, all hardcore fans, great job !

Keep on fighting, they'll go green for drop this game early !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Szymula
Poland
flag msg tools
Oscar, thanks a lot for a great job! A+whistle

J.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar T
msg tools
Added The Desolate North, another stand-alone quest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar T
msg tools
I'd also like to point out...if someone has an idea for a quest or has one written out --- let me know. I've got no problem throwing the stuff together for ya.

I have the Trollslayer and Witch Hunter done up as well, but I won't post them here - since they're gleaned from information on the out-of-print expansions. No one should be paying $30+ for a $5 expansion box of cards. Silliness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bernard christophe
France
flag msg tools
Oh maaaaaaaaaaan you're a killer ! lol

Could you think it could be possible to create the Knight Questor, his look is so cool ?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar T
msg tools
You mean like a Questing Knight?

I'm printing out test cards for this today...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mb
Your Questing Knight looks nice, but he was referring to this hero:

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/600...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar T
msg tools
Ah, okay. I don't do any AoS stuff and know nothing about it. As such it's unlikely I'll end up going that route. If someone wants to assemble the info and gather some images I don't mind putting it together for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar T
msg tools
Added the Bretonnian Questing Knight as a character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mb
It looks very nice. However, you should put the text rules on the 2-player and 3-player hero cards, like the other 2 and 3-player hero cards, ie the number of activation per rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flamefolk Outcasts
msg tools

Your work is definitely the best of all the fanmade stuff for WHQ thus far. I can't print them yet, though, so I haven't used them, but definitely going to.

Looking these over just left me with one gripe: In a two player game The Norse Raider's War Horn is worse than a turd. Since it does absolutely nothing, if you pull it you lose a legendary gear, and you have to shuffle it back in the pack and might later even get it again. So, it's like a cursed horn. Even if you opt to remove it from the game your poor Raider will be left gimped with only two legendary items. soblue

Is it intentional that there's no difference between the Questing Knight's aid actions other than the dice?

Also, a typo: The Twisted Tower quest sheet says "Shuffle The Twister Tower Enemies..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bernard christophe
France
flag msg tools
Thanks, yes i think more about character with his strange and cool golden helmet from warhammer quest silver something ...But your last creation is very nice too.

Any one would like to see THE Barbarian like Heroquest box-art or warhamer quest 1996 ? Muscles, brutality and gore action ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Marshall
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
These look AMAZING!

I ordered the core set yesterday.. then found out the game is no longer supported by FFG.. Then found this post laugh

I'm really looking forward to getting these printed. Thank you for your hard work on creating and sharing these!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar T
msg tools
Thanks for the feedback.

I don't ever play 2-players so that doesn't much run through my mind when I'm making stuff. How often are you likely to have all three Legendary gear items during a game?

I saw the "Twister" bit a few days ago but I'll be waiting until I find some more fixes/issues before I go back and edit it all (get all the bugs at once I suppose). That, or you've discovered the hidden true meaning of the quest...a morbid game of raunchy twister in the dungeons.

As I stated earlier, these are all for play-testing. I don't play the game nearly often enough to playtest all this stuff. The only thing I've vaguely confident about are the enemies as most of them are pretty simple to design (a few key rules and attributes). The nemesis characters, the quests, and heroes are probably chuck full of small issues which will impact the game. So keep pointing them out. I'll check the Questing Knight's actions. I was running out of imagination when I was finishing him up.

I've printed most of these out, so I'll be trying to playtest them a bit with my brother (I can playtest them solo but that's less useful as I have an inherent bias for "understanding what I meant when I typed X".)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ronin rbl
msg tools
Thanks Oscar T for these nice updates. I tested today the _Lustrian Troubles_ quest.

It was a 4 player game with the Witch Hunter, Troll Slayer, Ironbreaker, and the Priest.

In this test, the non-nemesis monsters were taken from the very first version you uploaded (simply because I have that version in a printed from). If I am not mistaken, the only differences between the newest version and the first _with respect to the non-nemesis monsters_ are the Cold One Riders and reduction of some attack/hp values for some monsters.
Everything else I took from the newest version (quest card, nemesis card).

During the play, I realised that there is no incentive to travel from the _first_ location: One can win the quest easily by fully or almost fully exploring the first location, clear the monsters, and then wait until the nemesis shows up (and kill the guy in 1 or 2 rounds).
My first idea was to fix this issue by modifying the red peril effect like this:

“Remove two progress tokens from the current location. If the current location is not the Desecrated Shrine or the Desecrated Shrine location is reduced to zero progress, Hajup’Set escapes.”

This is not a perfect solution because, even with this modified rule, I was still able to win the quest by killing the nemesis after the blue peril effect in two rounds, almost in one round (Hajup’Set had one hp left after the blue peril round). Thus, even this modified rule might be not enough to force the players to explore. One could fix this by placing the blue peril right before the red one on the quest card.

That being said, I was trying to explore during the game as much as could, but it was clear that I had absolutely no chance to get to the final location (Desecrated Shrine) before the red peril kicks in. Three open locations might be too much, but definitely more tests are needed to confirm this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar T
msg tools
Sounds good, I'll look at it and see if there is a simple fix for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ronin rbl
msg tools
I have looked into it and the same problem also applies for The Twisted Tower and The Desolate North quests. There is no incentive there to explore and defeat enemies at the same time. In other words: One can wait at a location, clear all the monsters, and fully recover all hp.

The peril bar should function as a "timer" and force the party to explore as fast as possible. In the official quest this is done by making it very difficult to survive when the red peril effect kicks in (like forcing the party to distribute wounds or spanning lots of enemies).

Something like this can be added to these quests (Lustrian Troubles, The Twisted Tower, and The Desolate North).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar T
msg tools
Gotcha. That, or add a stipulation that the final room must be fully examined to "win". Another issues I have with the game is that winning and losing (particularly in the campaign) doesn't matter nearly enough. I'll look at them today if I get a chance and make the penalties more dire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ronin rbl
msg tools
Adding only the requirement „the final room must be fully examined to win“ doesn’t going to help. The problem is that there are no locations in the game that introduce enough monsters (even together with the nemesis) to wipe out the party if all monsters were killed at the preceding location and the party recovered to full hp. Without seriously negative peril effects (that would certainly kill the party in a couple of rounds), the party can stop exploring/traveling anytime to deal with the current monsters and/or nemesis.
In other words, if one can do fighting and exploration separately, it is practically impossible to lose the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.