Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find the rules for playing Action cards, and Reaction cards are played in response to Action cards, but how many Event cards can you play in a turn? Likewise how many Cool Down cards can you play in a Turn? We are currently playing only one of each in each turn. But I could see that you might play them INSTEAD of playing Action cards. Is there a ruling on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pavel Minarik
msg tools
The way I understand it is that Event cards must be played immediately once you get them - even if it is not your turn. There is no mention of Events in the rules as far as I know but each of the Event cards says "Show this card immediately and draw 1 NEW CARD". I don't see why there should be any limit to how many of them you're able to play.

Regarding the Cooldowns, the wording is a little bit different. I think you have a choice whether to play them or not but again I don't see why anyone should be limited in the played amount. For example Sex Accident must be played at the beginning of your turn, so playing two of them might be considered impossible (if the first is played at the beginning of your turn then by the time you might play the second, it's already not the beginning anymore). But for example Turn Off has no restrictions on when to play it so I'd say you can also play any number of them.

In a 3+ player game you may play only as many actions as there are opponents (so that you only attack each once, according to the rules). I don't even see how would playing Events or Cooldowns have effect on that.

Maybe I got something wrong - if you find my logic incorrect or notice that I missed something in the rules, please let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you are correct about the Event cards (I hadn't read all the Event cards all the way through). After reading through all the Cool Down cards in detail, I think you may be right about the Cool Down cards as well. I don't think there NEEDS to be a limit... but we may continue to play with a one cool down per turn (within the limits written on the card).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.