Subject: My Takenoko seems different rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sagger Al-Saadi
Philippines
flag msg tools
Hi Guys,

Good day!

It is my first time purchasing a board game so my apologies if I miss something I should already know. I just bought a Takenoko with product code "2015-5/TAK01-US/PA01." Upon checking it is the 5th edition (2015) on this page.

I usually play this game at a cafe or at my friend's house and I noticed immediately the bamboo shoot are less than I remember and the board looks different (the place to put the Objective cards are deeper and the farm and panda has a loose square box).

Is this normal? Did I get a clone of some sort?

I have attached a couple of images

Thanks for the further help on this!

Regards,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
by less do you mean the pieces are smaller? did you perhaps play the deluxe edition?

your version looks just like mine from what i can tell. looks like a legit copy of the game to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks correct to me. The deluxe edition has larger bamboo, is in a wooden box and everything is "up-sized".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sagger Al-Saadi
Philippines
flag msg tools
I played the regular one not the collectors edition. I just found it odd too that the box was different from what I am used to that is why I asked as well (see where the panda and farmer rests, I remember the box cutout fits them just right, not an open square).

By less I mean there are a few more pieces, I remember having way more green bamboo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have 5th edition, then you are probably just remembering playing with an earlier edition. They changed the box size (my older edition is rectangular not square) and the insert, but as far as I know the number of components remained the same. It looks like you might be missing some from that photo. The rules say there should be:

36 Green Bamboo sections
30 Yellow Bamboo sections
24 Pink Bamboo sections

Check the rules that came with your game. Possibly they changed it in the 5th edition? Otherwise, contact the publisher and they will probably send you the missing pieces.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sagger Al-Saadi
Philippines
flag msg tools
Thanks for confirming that part. Mine came with the following bamboo shoots:

28 Green
26 Yellow
24 Red

This is also mentioned on the box contents as well as the rule book. I am unsure if this is just due to the refresh but I also contacted the publisher Asmodee via their page on this just to be sure.

There are rare times that we run out of pieces so this really worries me.

Thanks again for confirming this with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Fukkatsu wrote:
The rules says that when you run out of a particular colour bamboo, just use another colour as substitute. If you still run out then you're not feeding the panda enough
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sagger Al-Saadi
Philippines
flag msg tools
That moment when you just try aiming for the farmer goals lol. I usually just replace the bamboo shoots with coins or paper clips which ever is closer

If the Chinese emperor were to see our panda, war would be declared lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Dunn
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just looked at my 5th edition rulebook, and they changed the number of bamboo shoots to:

28 Green
26 Yellow
24 Red
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mouldybanana wrote:
Fukkatsu wrote:
The rules says that when you run out of a particular colour bamboo, just use another colour as substitute. If you still run out then you're not feeding the panda enough

Sorry to necro-post, but my set says there should be 26 yellow and 24 red. I have 27 and 25, respectively. I assume that since you can sub colors if needed, that it's not an issue that I have too many.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.