3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Christmas Wishlist rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barrett Anderson
msg tools
Hey there.

I'm your average part time gamer. I have a buddy who's really into gaming and he has introduced me to everything I know. We only get together a few times a year to play something new and an older game like Agricola, Food Chain Magnate, Terra Mystica, Power Grid, Russian Railroads, etc.

I need to provide a Christmas list for my wife and family, and board games seem like a good idea! They don't need to be as intense as the ones listed above, casual is good with replay value.

Any suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It would probably help us make recommendations if you could give us an idea of the player number, playtime and rules complexity you are looking for. Who would you like to play these games with, and what aspects do you most enjoy about the games that you've played with your friend?

In the meantime, I will say that I find Ticket to Ride: Europe and Star Realms (or the newly-released Hero Realms) to have wonderful replay value. They are much lighter than the games you mention, but I think they make wonderful "gateway" games for introducing e.g. your wife and family to modern boardgames, but I still find plenty of fun in them after years of play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.