Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Handewith

Sacramento
California
msg tools
publisher
mb
Revolution Games is happy to announce the pre-order for Longstreet Attacks: The Second Day at Gettysburg. This is the 3rd game in the Civil War Blind Swords System designed by Hermann Luttmann. Pre-order now and receive $10 off another revolution game.

Longstreet Attacks: The Second Day at Gettysburg simulates the fighting on July 2nd, 1863 during the second day of the Battle of Gettysburg and focuses on the southern portion of the battlefield. These engagements involved General Longstreet’s attack against Sickles’ positions, with troops from Hood’s and McLaws’ Divisions, assisted as well by Anderson’s Division of A.P. Hill’s Corps.

You can pre-order through the Revolution Games website at www.revolutiongames.us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred W. Manzo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is exactly the same game as GMT's proposed "Hammerin' Sickles." It's just going to appear a year or so sooner than expected.

The first published game in the series was "Stonewall's Sword: the Battle of Cedar Mountain." The second game was "Thunder in the Ozarks: The Battle of Pea Ridge." Both by Hermann Luttmann and both published by Revolution Games.

The "Blind Swords" series started off strong and has gotten better with each edition. If its popularity remains high I'd expect at least 2 more games after this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew N
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fred 100 wrote:
This is exactly the same game as GMT's proposed "Hammerin' Sickles." It's just going to appear a year or so sooner than expected.

The first published game in the series was "Stonewall's Sword: the Battle of Cedar Mountain." The second game was "Thunder in the Ozarks: The Battle of Pea Ridge." Both by Hermann Luttmann and both published by Revolution Games.

The "Blind Swords" series started off strong and has gotten better with each edition. If its popularity remains high I'd expect at least 2 more games after this one.

Any idea what subjects are being considered? I'd love to see more games about smaller/lesser known, but still interesting/important ACW battles. Wilson's Creek, Prairie Grove, Spring Mill, Perryville, Cedar Creek, Kernstown, Olustee, and many others come to mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see more of the graphics before deciding. I suspect they'll be very similar to the South Mountain game graphics, which are clear but not exactly evocative, and I have to confess that I'm not a great fan of Rick Barber's maps. So a pre-order would likely be due to interest in the system, designer, and subject, "in spite of" not "partly because of" the game's graphic treatment.

My top choice for another in the series would be the very under-simulated Battle of Bentonville, though the system might be stretched to cover the span of the battle. Still, I've been over the G-burg ground many times and had a very enjoyable visit to Bentonville battlefield and think it could be done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred W. Manzo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We've been mulling over new games for the series. Basically to be seriously considered a battle has to have, in general, the following characteristics:

1. It all fits on one or, at most, two maps (See Thunder in the Ozarks). Now, larger battles can be covered if say one flank is involved, or the critical portion of the battle only occurred in one section on one day of a multi-day battle.

2. The battle, or this portion of it, hasn't been done 2 dozen times already.

3. Having the maneuver element be regiments makes sense. That is, we don't want to end up with 400 regiments on the map. (Of course, all this is flexible. We can make the maneuver element brigades and simply raise the chain of command system up one level.)

4. The situation represents some type of meeting engagement. (Simulating frontal assaults is discouraged.)

5. A number of random events or controversial "What-if" situations occur throughout the battle.

6. The size of the forces engaged is from, say 5,000 to 25,000 on each side.

7. The battle was of importance, or some of the participants were of importance.

Now, Revolution Games has the final say in these things but all suggestions are more than welcomed and all are seriously discussed and considered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fred 100 wrote:

The first published.............

I believe GMT has cancelled Hammering Sickles.

Edit. Yup, removed from p500 at designer's request.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Mooney
United States
Quincy
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad the title was changed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys! Yes, this will keep the series consistent as far as physical appearance and it will get great development support from Revolution and it will available a heck of a lot sooner. But sorry, Neil, I did re-name the historical scenario "Hammerin' Sickles" in honor of its birth name.

Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Mooney
United States
Quincy
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HORST324 wrote:
Thanks guys! Yes, this will keep the series consistent as far as physical appearance and it will get great development support from Revolution and it will available a heck of a lot sooner. But sorry, Neil, I did re-name the historical scenario "Hammerin' Sickles" in honor of its birth name.

Hermann

Haha that's okay Hermann.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.