Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Almond
United Kingdom
Nelson
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmb
If an enemy has an attack with 2 strikes and poison 1, is there any way to stop the poison being applied (blue dice, armour, magic shields?) or are you guarantied at least 1 damage?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Martinez
United States
California
flag msg tools
There doesn't appear to be a way to prevent receiving a Poison token from what I've seen. You can negate the Hits but you can't stop the Poison effect. Though, you don't suffer a wound immediately upon receiving the token unless you already had one of either type, 1 or 2.

Edit: You'll receive a wound and flip the token if you already had a Poison 1 token and suffered a Poison 2 effect. I believe the same thing applies if you already had a Poison 2 effect and suffer another; you won't receive another token but you'll suffer an immediate wound.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky W
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darkmancer wrote:
If an enemy has an attack with 2 strikes and poison 1, is there any way to stop the poison being applied (blue dice, armour, magic shields?) or are you guarantied at least 1 damage?

There seems no way to stop the poison from beeing applied, but your party may have a way to prevent the poison damage:
Remove the poison effect from the character before next time phase with a (magical) ability like a level 3+ "Healing Breeze" from Samyria (bottom left)!

Edit:
Oooh, you wrote "enemy has two strikes with poison 1"! Well, when both attacks have the poison effect and both attack rolls had hit results, then no, the 1 damage can not be prevented afaik!

There are two ways I can imagine that could prevent this 1 damage:
- a "cure poison" potion, that can be used instantly at any time. Cure the poison effect from the first attack with it before the second strike comes in.
- a magical effect that explicitly prevents damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.