Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Randel
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find the rules for secret passages to be a bit vague.

"The side used depends on whether a camper or the maniac opens it."

It sounds like a secret passage is only available if the maniac uses the axe on a cabin door.

"If another Cabin shows a trapdoor, a secret passage connects them."
"...the maniac can use these passages to move... to another trapdoor in a different cabin"

How would another cabin show a trap door if the maniac has only one axe? All the cabins but one would be placed by campers and would not show trap doors.

Can he use the passage to move to a new cabin, placing the appropriate tile with the maniac side up? If not, how would you ever get the other end of the secret passage?

Could he move to a cabin that had been opened by a camper, flipping the tile over? I would think not, for gameplay reasons, although this could be a cool scene in a movie.

How do you play secret passages, folks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Ferrara
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
If the Maniacop use the secret passage would be much benefited. And it is difficult to use them for this. The maniac can use the secret passage only if the cabins are open manic side. If the maniac plays well the first chapter and uses the ax, then in the second chapter can retrieve the ax due to the difference between terror and points salvation points and open a new cabin to take advantage and be able to use the secret passages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Scott,

Although Antonio has covered it, I thought I would throw in a couple of cents.

Yes, two cabins must be opened by the maniac in order for him to use the secret passages and this can only occur when he opens one in the first chapter, reclaims the ax in the second chapter and uses it to open a still closed cabin. This is difficult to do as the campers are scurrying about to open the cabins themselves. Once opened by a camper it doesn't ever shift to the maniac side and vice versa if opened by the maniac.

The other thing I wanted to mention (though this may be obvious) is that the maniacs movement does not start or end at the passageway as there is no way to mark his location. You would move from a circle at one cabin, through the passageway to another circle at another cabin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randel
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I see. We hadn't played a game yet, so I hadn't realized that the passages were for use in a later chapter.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.