Hide
5 Posts

Shadows over Camelot» Forums » General

Subject: Solo vs Group Quest Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S. L P
msg tools
I just finished reading all of the rules and I just have a couple question that I'm hoping to get help clarified for me

1. on a group quest you are allowed to leave the quest without removing your played white cards and move to another quest including going back to Camelot to collect more white cards correct?

2. Can you move back to Camelot for your heroic action and not do anything? (even if there are siege engines there) Can you just stay there until your next turn to collect more white cards?

3. in order to do the solo quest you basically have to have all the cards needed to complete that quest before moving to it right? You can't collect more white cards while you're there unless you have a special to play and You can't move off it without removing the cards you already played so to play the Black Knights Quest I need to have fight cards 1-5 before moving there right?

4. Do players usually sit at Camelot for the first few rounds to collect more white cards? You only start with 5 + a Merlin card which isn't a lot and really doesn't give you much to fight with?

Thanks
Lynn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Correct.
2. Yes you can slip past the siege engines and later get more cards in Camelot.
3. Yes, if you leave a solo quest all white cards are removed. You could trust that others may get the needed cards to you (like King Arthur). So with the Black Knight it helps to have the 2 pair when you trot off to challenge him.
4. That's a matter of preference. I like to have the cards I need for any quest so I don't have to waste another action to get more cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slpgamer wrote:
2. Can you move back to Camelot for your heroic action and not do anything? (even if there are siege engines there) Can you just stay there until your next turn to collect more white cards?

Slightly confused by the question, not sure if poor wording, or you missed a rule somewhere.

Spending a Heroic Action to move is the -entire- Heroic Action.
Spending an Action to move back to Camelot -is- your turn, you may not Fight or Draw on that same turn (unless you spend a Life Point to take an extra action).
On your next turn you are free to Fight or Draw if you wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Puderbaugh
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slpgamer wrote:

4. Do players usually sit at Camelot for the first few rounds to collect more white cards? You only start with 5 + a Merlin card which isn't a lot and really doesn't give you much to fight with?

Just to add to Doug's response, this is what I normally see (and do).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. L P
msg tools
Thank You all for your responses. Just wanted to make sure i understood those rules - Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.