Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are the only two expansions I am undecided on. The problem is I can only go by what I have read on them as I haven't played the base game.

The Flower Knight seems fun but do I need other expansions for the Bloom campaign? I am a bit confused on how Spidicules etc. tie in with it.

The Lion Knight is intriguing but there is so little information out there on it. Basically just a bunch of unboxing videos.

Note that I have ordered the Sunstalker, Lion God, Slenderman and Gorm already. I will also add Dragon King and Dung Beetle Knight. The above two expansions are the only remaining ones I am considering (along with new ones) but I don't know enough about them or how they may or may not work with what I am buying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bloom campaign is quite small nothing like what the sunstalker or dragon add. Really the main use of the Flower Knight is an extra quarry. You probably won't fight him a lot since there isn't an armour set or anything, but he does have a few really good bits of gear. And his fight is very unique and fun. It is a little sad he is actually weaker than I was hoping he would be given how great the miniature is. And you don't say that about much in KD!

Lion Knight is a special encounter that comes up sometimes during a settlement phase (so a second fight in that lantern year). He has a pretty interesting stage theme and again very unique fight. I have added him in a couple of campaigns for fun, but not seeing a lot of use out of his stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmb
i like both the flower knight and lion knight showdowns, they are very fun. The lion knight has the most unqiue showdown out of all the monsters.

both suffer in rewards given however, lion knight being the better of the two in this department. But the lion knight is a sort of nemesis encounter and you will be forced to encounter him 3 times, the flower knight practically forces you to fight him at least once.

I own both expansions and certainly both these expansions arent essential but i do like the lion knight for its change of pace and interesting mechanics. I love fighting the flower knight becuase hes my favorite showdown though.

Spidicules is one of the best expansions as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Stinchcombe
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Definitely agreed in regards to the Lion Knight's rewards being lesser, but completely disagree in regards to the flower Knight. His fighting art and the bow are two of the best in the game.

That said, both are fun and very different encounters. Lion Knight has an interesting potential payoff while he's still around but is worth much less when you off him the last time, and the risk-reward of hunting the flower Knight is pretty cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
Why you should get the Flower Knight: His bow is OP until level 3 monsters. Seriously. OP. As in, there are threads on this forum discussing whether there should be a nerf to the bow because we found it OP.

Lion Knight has three mix-and-match armor set unlocks. They're pretty neat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Martyn
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Lion Knight's true rewards come from his retinue - the 'mixed' armour sets are a great reward (the Warlord armour is incredible) and you get an (admittedly limited) ability to recycle old, useless gear.

The Flower Knight does add the best bow in the game, some incredible fighting arts and an ability to bring back the dead sometimes. It has a reputation for making the game easier.

They also add very useful tactics cards, as does the DBK, and synergise very well. I'd recommend them pretty highly - over the lion god for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Lion Knight has a fun showdown, organized like a theatrical play. you can damage control well enough by properly handling the Villain survivor status, but you don't want to lose.

it also comes in two (out of three) moments of your campaign when you are usually recovering, and it can be frustrating because of its damage and speed. Very funny, but for people that know how to handle a bruiser.

rewards in themselves are good, but with downsides. the story event is great and makes you craft mixed armor sets. these are not overpowered, but are not bad at all and look badass.

it does not mix well with spidicules because mixed armor sets require antelope gear.

all knights are required to craft green armor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like some people are opposed to an "easy" mode with Flower Knight but I don't mind. I bought Lion God due to it's difficulty so this would give more variety the other way. I also love the model and how it contrasts with some of the gross/ugly monsters. I think I will buy this if it comes up in the campaign. Still unclear though on some things:

1. If I get all three knights do I still need the Green Armor expansion to open that up? Do I need Spidicules as well?

2. Do I need Spidicules for Bloom campaign events or other Flower Knight material? I read there was overlap in their settlement events (garden gate or something it was called I think) but it was unclear if they just shared similar events or if they combined together somehow.

As for Lion Knight the story here sounds really interesting but I am wondering if I am better off using that money for new expansions. I don't like the look of the Manhunter so I bought Slenderman. Lion Knight could be an additional Nemesis that I could get more use out of potentially than Slenderman but I suspect we will get even more Nemesis options in this campaign anyway.

1. Does he tie-in with the White Lion or Lion God at all?

2. Does he make the game harder and/ or longer (he seems like he adds extra events/ fights on top of the normal ones)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
1. (EDIT: actually yes, I stand corrected - does it show that I never completed a green armor set? )
2. no, but that is one of the best matches with spidicules.

lk:
1. no, just happens to be a lion which is also a knight, hence the name. people keep asking it this one, he feels awkward every time.
2. harder yes, longer yes (but ly number is the same).

I also like that every expansion his a field that was not covered before: fk makes game a bit easier, spidi a bit (and sometimes in a gimmicky way) harder, and so on. mix to your taste.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Martyn
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Green Knight armour uses parts from all three knight expansions, the Gorm and Manhunter. You need an innovation from the spidicules (but this could easily be waived). You need to actually buy the expansion to use it.

To be honest, the Green Knight is not a recommended buy. It's an amazing set of equipment but ludicrously hard to craft - people have only done it by abusing new game+ mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This pretty much confirms I will buy the Flower Knight (and skip the Green Armour). I like the idea of being able to adjust the difficulty by adding expansions and I already have expansions to make it harder. I also love the look of it.

I think I will skip the Lion Knight. I really want a Nemesis expansion I can just add to the game (I have Slenderman but it replaces a monster from what I understand) but I don't like the look of the Manhunter and the Lion Knight seems just "ok". As much as I love the miniature and story behind it, it almost seems like it would be more frustrating than fun when it pops up. Hopefully a new Nemesis expansion will be added and I can forget about these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Mullen
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just for reference, you -can- finish the Green Knight armor by year 21, but it takes an awful lot of luck and some dedication to keeping a particular survivor alive until it is finished.

I was going to comment about some of the fun stuff that rolls with the Flower Knight and the Lion Knight, but people already got to it. I don't have much to add. I like the Lion Knight story a lot, and I like the extras he brings to the table. Both fights are very interesting and thematic. If I had to pick one over the other, I'd take the Flower Knight, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who played with them, is it possible to fully enjoy the 3 knights expansions (namely Dung Beetle, Flower and Lion) within the 25 years duration of the People of the Sun campaign?

Regarding the green knight armor expansion now...
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I heard the green armor could only be crafted once the 3 knights had been defeated. Is that so?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
For those who played with them, is it possible to fully enjoy the 3 knights expansions (namely Dung Beetle, Flower and Lion) within the 25 years duration of the People of the Sun campaign?

I heard the green armor could only be crafted once the 3 knights had been defeated. Is that so?

The Greek Knight set requires a slew of expansions to craft. We're talking at least 5 off the top of my head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Mullen
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Francois, yes, the Green Knight armor requires the Gorm, Manhunter, Flower Knight, Lion Knight and Dung Beetle Knight expansions. Technically, it also needs the Spidicules, but you only need a single innovation from that expansion. You don't ever have to hunt the monster.

Also, you'll have to fight a lot of level 3 monsters. It's not an easy run.

In regards to the Lion Knight and People of the Sun: the Lion Knight is a Nemesis, and therefore -very dangerous- to add to a People of the Sun campaign. I would not recommend it.

Edit: the other two knights? I don't see why not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Martyn
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
draxx01 wrote:
poifpoif wrote:

The Greek Knight set requires a slew of expansions to craft. We're talking at least 5 off the top of my head.

You need to defeat all three knights, aye, and you have to beat the Flower Knight and Lion Knight at level 3 (no mean feat). You also have to beat a L2 Manhunter, L2 DBK (and generally hunt the CBK and flower knight and gorm to get all the components you'll need). You're also supposed to have an innovation from the Spidicules.

So for Green Knight you need all three knights, the gorm and manhunter expansions and technically the spidicules.

EDIT: Ah, beaten to the punch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. So basically there's no way to ever craft the green armor.

What do I need from the Manhunter in order to craft the green armor? I don't like this expansion - actually I don't like the fig - and didn't plan to play with them, although I would possibly add some of their cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Martyn
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:

What do I need from the Manhunter in order to craft the green armor? I don't like this expansion - actually I don't like the fig - and didn't plan to play with them, although I would possibly add some of their cards.

While it is theoretically possible to craft it in a normal timeline, I think the rare few people who have abused New Game + mechanics to assemble it piecemeal. That said, most of the pieces can't be crafted until the late game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Mullen
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You CAN do it by year 21. We did. But you have to be very lucky, and your settlement is going to suffer in other ways. Honestly, the hardest parts are that you have to set things up for a survivor to get a certain specific derangement, and then make sure that survivor does not die until you get a certain piece made... and then there's a special story event that, if you wait too long or fail to fulfill the prereq... well, it might just slide off your calendar.

I don't think it is at all possible to get it done before year 20, period. The Manhunter and DBK fights in particular are brutal, and you need some good gear for that.

Edit: And I'd bet money against us ever managing that again. We got -lucky-.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:

Total Requirements are IIRC
Materials
Beacon Shield
Beetle Horn
3 Bone
Calcified Greaves
Calcified Juggernaut Blade
DBK Errant Badge
Elixir of Life
Elytra
Flower Knight Badge
2 Gormite
Hunter's Heart
5 Iron
Jiggling Lard
Lantern Bloom
3 Leather
Lion Knight's Left Claw
Scarab Shell
2 Scell
Sleeping Virus Flower
Stomach Lining
Underplate Fungus

Innovations
Albedo
Choreia
Citrinitas
Forbidden Dance
Rubedo
Scrap Smelting

Other Requirements
Blacksmith in the Settlement
Old Master on the Quarry List
Survivor with True Blade

Bolds are IIRC only acquirable once in a campaign. Obviously some components will require additional ones not mentioned to craft (Beacon Shield for example)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dahak wrote:
poifpoif wrote:

Total Requirements are IIRC
Materials
Beacon Shield
Beetle Horn
3 Bone
Calcified Greaves
Calcified Juggernaut Blade
DBK Errant Badge
Elixir of Life
Elytra
Flower Knight Badge
2 Gormite
Hunter's Heart
5 Iron
Jiggling Lard
Lantern Bloom
3 Leather
Lion Knight's Left Claw
Scarab Shell
2 Scell
Sleeping Virus Flower
Stomach Lining
Underplate Fungus

Innovations
Albedo
Choreia
Citrinitas
Forbidden Dance
Rubedo
Scrap Smelting

Other Requirements
Blacksmith in the Settlement
Old Master on the Quarry List
Survivor with True Blade

Bolds are IIRC only acquirable once in a campaign. Obviously some components will require additional ones not mentioned to craft (Beacon Shield for example)

surprise

What does this armor set do!? This is crazy. I don't want to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Mullen
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It is a set of armor plus a shield and a weapon. They are all very, very good pieces. Compared to all the other gear I've seen in the game so far, they are easily above it, especially as a set.

But as Dahak has shown.... yeah, if you want to make it, you have to make it your only priority in the campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.