Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim McCormley
United States
SD
California
flag msg tools
OUCH!
mbmbmbmbmb
According to pg. 67 of the v2 rules, if you score a hit with a flamethrower, the number of hits is multiplied into D6.

According to pg. 225 of the v2 rulebook, the flamethrower gets D6 shots.

So, when I fire the flamethrower, do I roll a D6 to see how many shots I get?

Assuming so, suppose I get 3 shots. I then roll 3 dice to see how many hits I get?

If so, suppose I get 2 hits. Do I then roll a D6 and multiply the result by 2 to see how many hits I actually get?

Or...what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The fact they put the D6 and D6+1 under "Shots" is a bit confusing, but there we have it.

I really do not think its D6 shots. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be "1" shot and they forgot to change this because chart is the same in the v1 book, but the rules in v1 are different than v2.

If it is D6 shots, it could be very disturbing indeed because of the possibility of potentially getting 36 hits!

I really think under "Shots" it should have just read "1", and under "Special Rules" it should have listed the traits as "Flamethrower (D6)" and "Flamethrower (D6+1)".

The v2 rules support this because it doesn't say "If you score hits with...", it says, "If you score a hit with... so number of shots is one

BAv2, page 67:
If you score a hit with a flamethrower the number of hits is multiplied into D6 (or D6+1 in the case of vehicle-mounted flamethrower). Roll for damage in the usual manner.

or less confusing:
If you score a hit with a flamethrower, the number of hits is D6 (or D6+1 in the case of vehicle-mounted flamethrower). Roll for damage in the usual manner.

Yes, this needs FAQ!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim McCormley
United States
SD
California
flag msg tools
OUCH!
mbmbmbmbmb
RayGuns wrote:
If it is D6 shots, it could be very disturbing indeed because of the possibility of potentially getting 36 hits!

Yeah, that's a little much.

Quote:
BAv2, page 67:
If you score a hit with a flamethrower the number of hits is multiplied into D6 (or D6+1 in the case of vehicle-mounted flamethrower). Roll for damage in the usual manner.

That's the part that's weird. The number of hits should always be "1" if you only get one shot. So why would they mention "..the number of hits.."?

Regardless, since the Flamethrower ignores cover, forces an immediate morale check, adds a bunch of pin markers, has a 50-50 chance of setting a building on fire, etc, etc, I think it's dangerous enough without the possibility of getting 36 hits...all for a mere 20 pts.

Edit: Fix quotes, grammar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this has been badly written, but it plays by rolling one dice to
get a hit, then rolling a d6 (+1 for vehicle-mounted) for how many "hits"
you actually get, if you score a hit with the initial dice roll.

If you miss with the first roll, you cause no casualties, but the unit
does need to check their morale ... Walts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.