Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Curse of the Rougarou Question + another one rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonatan Rueløkke
msg tools
So played Curse of the Rougarou and one of the cards says something like

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The rougarou moves one space at a time to the non-Bayou location with the least clues.

Can that be the location the Rougarou is at, or does it have to move? We played that it can stay where it is.

Furthermore, lets say we complete mission 1 without a death in a campaign, is it legal to change lead investigator now? The reason for this is for future missions where the lead investigator might get several cards. Might be more interesting to distribute the specific cards a bit more.

On the newly spoiled Strange Solution it says to record that You have found the strange solution. Would you record it for that specific character or for the group as a whole. And if the first, then would you think multiple characters could investigate the Strange Solution

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Creed Buhallin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We did the same for the Rougarou question.

Lead investigator is selected for each scenario, but we've found it more thematic to keep the same one for the whole campaign.

I don't see any reason multiple characters couldn't research the Strange Solution... Campaign results are entirely game-based, not investigator-based (except XP and trauma, obviously).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
1) If there are multiple locations tied for least clues, and R. is in one of them, I see absolutely no reason for why the lead investigator couldn't choose that same location (I searched the rulebook, found nothing).

2) http://arkhamdb.com/rules#Lead_Investigator
"At the beginning of a [each] scenario, the investigators choose a lead investigator."

3) There's just one Campaign Log, one for all players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jackson
United States
Mather
California
flag msg tools
OK, one time Randy Beaman had to take baths with his brother. So one time his little brother took a potty in the bathtub .....and now Randy Beaman gets to take showers alone. 'K, bye.
badge
One time, OK, see, one time Randy Beaman's little brother ate Pop Rocks and drank a soda at the same time and his head exploded! 'K, bye.
mbmbmbmbmb
I also believe you can keep him put. We found that we wanted him to move and drop clues. This allowed us to investigate in bayou locations rather than having investigators move to the outer locations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Chambers
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... I interpret "move" as a requirement, not an option, so I move him out. Would seem to violate the spirit of the prowling card to just have him stay put, grim rule and all. I suppose you could move him out and then back...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D H
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Moves are defined in the Rules Reference as the entity being transferred "from its current location to a different location" (RR, page 15, under Move, go figure).

In addition (subheading on same page): When an entity moves, it cannot move to its same current location.

The Rougarou must move, and cannot stay at its current location. So it doesn't sit around, but gets a goin'. So pick another non-Bayou location with the least clues, and watch it run!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
The card doesn't just say "move". It says "Find. Move." You resolve sentences one by one. First you find a suitable location - and there is nothing that would prevent you from finding the location where R. already is. Then you resolve as much of the effect as possible (as per Effects).

Yes, it cannot move to the same location - this would not qualify as a move. But it can fail to move. There are no rules that require you to make the "Find" choice in such a way that would result in the rest of the effect not fizzling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quote:
On the Prowl
Revelation – Find a non-Bayou location with the fewest clues on it. Move The Rougarou (one location at a time) until it enters that location.

mplain wrote:
Q: If there are multiple locations tied for the fewest clues, and one of them is the Rougarou's location, can I choose to find it? So that the 'move' effect would fizzle?

Matt Newman wrote:
A: If there is a tie for the location with the fewest clues, and one of them is the Rougarou’s location, you may choose it. If you do, you must still “Move the Rougarou (one location at a time) until it enters that location.” So, the Rougarou would move once off of that location, and then move right back where it was, entering that location and therefore satisfying the condition of the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mplain wrote:
Matt Newman wrote:
A: If there is a tie for the location with the fewest clues, and one of them is the Rougarou’s location, you may choose it. If you do, you must still “Move the Rougarou (one location at a time) until it enters that location.” So, the Rougarou would move once off of that location, and then move right back where it was, entering that location and therefore satisfying the condition of the card.

So, just to spell this out - it would still drop a clue on its current location? Since it moved off and back on again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.