Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brett Dedrick
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
What are the best opening moves for the Japanese player?

Post here and let me know whatthe first Japanese move should be and why.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ken dunn
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bdedrick wrote:
What are the best opening moves for the Japanese player?

Post here and let me know what the first Japanese move should be and why.

It depends on how you want to try to win the game. Are you going for the VP win or the Overrun win? And if so are you trying to deceive your opponent or are you going to go straight at it with no attempts at deception.

Regardless, generally speaking I find it best to try to begin to isolate areas 11, 20 and 23 so you can begin to grab victory points. You do this by infiltrating through area 8 and 21 and blocking into area 12. Move your big MGs up as well as your artillery and get them ready for turn 2. Finally get some if not all of Zone D guys over to zone E.

Red lining the Japanese for extra impulses isn't needed but remember, any time you can force an American to use ammo points to recover is good because he will run out eventually and thats when you can start racking up the kills.

Anyway its been a long time since I played but those are my general thoughts..oh yeah...watch out for his artillery...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.