Secret Hitler» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Getting information rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Filipovski
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Lets say you are facist and the president elect in the first round and get elected together with a liberal chancelor. You have the oportunity to hand him/her two facist policys.

Do you later claim you drew three facist policys and had no choice or
try and lie to the rest of the group that you gave the chancelor a choice and by that revealing your party membership to one player? Probably not, right? But maybe you should.. read

If tables are turned and you are the liberal and president elected forced to give the chancelor two facist policys. Can there ever be a situation where you lie and claim you gave him/her a choice? I say no, why cast doubt on yourself?

So the only time you would say you gave one of each policy is if its true and the other player is a facist lying about what you gave him/her.

If that is true then by statistics if someone is claiming giving a choice and facist policy is still selected, you know the chancelor is probably lying and is a facist, no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Allen
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think outing yourself as a fascist to a single player in the first round is generally a bad play with a smaller number of players but can be ok with a larger number if you want to draw attention to yourself with the purpose of drawing attention away from other fascists or Hitler. You definitely shouldn't do this as Hitler (most of the time). But in the first round as a fascist president it's easy to claim you got 3 fascist policies and move on, no one is going to dispute it. In later rounds based on the board state you would obviously consider framing a liberal by saying you gave a choice but there's no set of exact conditions when you should do this. So I think it's erroneous to say that statistically the chancellor is a fascist in situations when a fascist policy is played and the president claims a choice, first round or not. It's all circumstantial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fed Aykin

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
ktfod wrote:
I think outing yourself as a fascist to a single player in the first round is generally a bad play with a smaller number of players but can be ok with a larger number if you want to draw attention to yourself with the purpose of drawing attention away from other fascists or Hitler. You definitely shouldn't do this as Hitler (most of the time). But in the first round as a fascist president it's easy to claim you got 3 fascist policies and move on, no one is going to dispute it. In later rounds based on the board state you would obviously consider framing a liberal by saying you gave a choice but there's no set of exact conditions when you should do this. So I think it's erroneous to say that statistically the chancellor is a fascist in situations when a fascist policy is played and the president claims a choice, first round or not. It's all circumstantial.

I agree with this.

Also, it is almost never a good idea to lie as a liberal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Woods
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that as a fascist, your best bet is to give the chancellor 2 fascist policies and claim that you drew 3 afterwards. I do this for multiple reasons...

- It can throw off card counters. With only 6 liberal policies its pretty easy to keep track of what's been played and who threw away what policies (if they tell the truth)

- Its more believable that you drew 3 fascist policies

- If you say you gave the chancellor a choice, then suddenly you're both under suspicion right off the start. You may draw attention away from other fascists and Hitler, but now you can't be trusted. Neither can the chancellor, but if the liberals don't trust both of you, then they are assured of mistrusting a fascist.

I find its best not to out yourself too early. Play as a liberal for as long as you can. I've even enacted a 4th liberal policy as a fascist (early after a re-shuffle) just to guarantee someone's trust. Though admittedly that has backfired on me as many times as its worked for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif The Lucky
United States
Washington DC
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
I play WIFOM with empty glasses
badge
Viking's Law: Anything that can go wrong, *SHOULD*
mbmbmbmbmb
danevito wrote:
So the only time you would say you gave one of each policy is if its true and the other player is a facist lying about what you gave him/her.

If that is true then by statistics if someone is claiming giving a choice and facist policy is still selected, you know the chancelor is probably lying and is a facist, no?
This works until a fascist realizes that he can smear the chancellor and everyone will believe him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.