Nikos Pesmatzoglou
Greece
Agios Nikolaos - Anavyssos
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leader A with Subordinate B declares movement and intends to attack an enemy two spaces away.

Enemy plays agrieved subordinate on Leader B. Leader A must make the movement and attack or he can just move one space and stop, or return on his initial position?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott de Brestian
United States
Mt. Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They way that such cards (including others like Bad Weather) are worded (or ought to be worded -- let me know if there is a discrepancy), is that they are played on a stack when it is activated. So the owning player can then decide what to do with the additional knowledge that some of their forces aren't going to come along.

When playing online, of course, to save time usually you activate and declare one's move all at the same time to save time. In such cases, I play that the opponent can play Aggrieved Subordinate (even though they benefit in this case from advance knowledge where the enemy wants to go), but the moving force can then change its destination or even just sit right there and treat it as a cancelled activation in practice.

If you _really_ don't want your opponent to know what you're planning, you can say "I am activating Richard, are you playing any cards?" before saying where you want him to go, but it's usually not worth the extra trouble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Pesmatzoglou
Greece
Agios Nikolaos - Anavyssos
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Leovigild

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.