Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel Salas
Spain
Las Matas
Madrid
flag msg tools
Hello everyone.

I don't know if this has been answered elsewhere, I've tried searching both this forums and the KS comments without any luck...

I've pledged at Shogun level, and I'm a bit confused about the Forest of the Dead SG. The way I read it this expansion includes 2 stretch goals we had already unlocked (Goryu and Spectral Horde) and combines it with the expansion. Does this mean we got double of those miniatures? That now those 2 stretch goals are "worthless"? What will I get (miniature wise) if I buy a second Forest of the Dead via add-ons?

What really confuses me is that you can get Goryu as an add-on, but no the Spectral Horde...

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Florio
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmb
You won't get double of them. They decided to put those monsters inside the FOrest of the Dead expansion (alongside other miniatures such as the snake woman vampires and the trees)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Keetlaer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rockmanlives wrote:
(...) What really confuses me is that you can get Goryu as an add-on, but no the Spectral Horde... (...)

That was before the unlock of the expansion. The Goryu is no longer an add-on, as it is included in the "Forest"...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Downing
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Basically, the Forest of the Dead is so large, they split a couple of the pieces for it into earlier stretch goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaspar Pujol
Spain
Barcelona
Catalunya
flag msg tools
Maze of Galious forever!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, that's right. I don't like it at all, but those unlocked minis were like "safe spots" if the Kickstarter went all wrong and they didn't unlock the Forest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
It also let the stretch goals maintain the "same" distances since part of the cost of the OW was absorbed by earlier goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chasissa D
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
I wonder what's on the backside of those forest tiles? More of the forbidden fortress?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Downing
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
chasden wrote:
I wonder what's on the backside of those fortress tiles? More of the forbidden fortress?

The Frogs have said it's more of the Fortress, but "with a twist."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.