Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rob taylor
England
bingley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Firstly, I'm finding the rule book a little vague,could be tiredness on my part.

Here are a few questions.

1. Can you re negotiate with players at any time.
Example.
Klingons have a 2 value romulan trade and romulans only a 1 trade.
The romulans find themselves in a good position v the klingons in a later round.
Can they negotiate with the klingons to swap the klingons 1 value trade card with a 2 value?

2. There's nothing the federation can do to control a pre warp civilizations?

3. You get a discovery or crisis exploration card.
Does this mean the planet would be colonizable on the next build phase?
Unless the card states otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes
2. Yes...that's the prime Directive baby!
3. Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
keighleyrob wrote:

1. Can you re negotiate with players at any time.
Example.
Klingons have a 2 value romulan trade and romulans only a 1 trade.
The romulans find themselves in a good position v the klingons in a later round.
Can they negotiate with the klingons to swap the klingons 1 value trade card with a 2 value?

2. There's nothing the federation can do to control a pre warp civilizations?

3. You get a discovery or crisis exploration card.
Does this mean the planet would be colonizable on the next build phase?
Unless the card states otherwise.

1. Once you've met up with a rival and given them one of your own trade agreements you are free to withdraw it or swap it for any of your remaining trade agreements at any time. So if the Romulans persuaded them, then yes the Klingons could choose to take back their 1 value card and exchange it for their 2 value card. This can happen at any time.

2. Yes, pre-warp civs are off limits to the Feddies. However, if a rival colonizes it you can then try to hegemony it.

3. As long as the card is resolved (or it's "Remains in play" effect doesn't prevent it) you can colonize during the next build phase. Some cards may even allow you to colonize during the current command phase (Abandoned Colony, Encounter at Farpoint, Lost Colony, Wrath of Olympus). And if you are using the Federation's Colony Fleet, it's ability can be used during any phase, so it could also be used to colonize during the command phase. (Just mentioning these so you don't get too rigid about phases. There are always exceptions.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob taylor
England
bingley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's confused me.
Swap it for another one of your trade agreements at any time?
So if I give my 2 to the klingons, I can immediately swap it out for a 1 and screw them over?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
keighleyrob wrote:
So if I give my 2 to the klingons, I can immediately swap it out for a 1 and screw them over?

Sure. Then they withdraw their trade agreement completely. Isn't realpolitik fun?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that once a trade agreement is revoked completely (rather than just downgraded), you and the other player will need to have ships adjacent to each other to set up a new trade agreement in the future, just like you did when you set up the initial trade agreement.

Setting up a trade agreement (giving them a card when they don't have one of yours already) requires adjacency, but swapping them to a different one of your cards does not.

None of these activities requires spending command. In fact, they can be done at any time, including on a completely different player's turn who's uninvolved with the either side of the trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.