Chris Leigh
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Beds
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there,

Just completed Black Tea, and managed to get a win blowing up multiple Nazis along with those fuel depots.

Having played the pnp and then again with Thibaud at the UK games expo I'm half remembering things and wondering if they are correct.

Firstly, can you shoot a door to open it? Or does it require a crowbar? My play in Black Tea had the Spy the Officer and the Medic playing so there was no easy way to get to my objectives.

Secondly, if you kill the man operating the alarm, and then do something which would trigger the alarm, does it still get triggered, or is it inoperable? (nothing in the rules but I remember this from earlier plays)

Thirdly, when enemies move, if there are no visible commandos then do they make a beeline for the nearest triangular token, or is it only if they randomly move onto that space?

Fourthly, is there any mitigation of luck for being spotted? I seem to end up in certain choke points where new enemies spawn and I've had games where on the very first turn I get spotted and gunned down. I understand the need for stealth, but beyond supressed weapons, it seems all other commandos will rely on just a random 1/3 chance to get into close combat range?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Thank you DjaliRiot and chadnorth !
mbmb
blunder1983 wrote:
Hey there,

Just completed Black Tea, and managed to get a win blowing up multiple Nazis along with those fuel depots.

Having played the pnp and then again with Thibaud at the UK games expo I'm half remembering things and wondering if they are correct.

Firstly, can you shoot a door to open it? Or does it require a crowbar? My play in Black Tea had the Spy the Officer and the Medic playing so there was no easy way to get to my objectives.

Secondly, if you kill the man operating the alarm, and then do something which would trigger the alarm, does it still get triggered, or is it inoperable? (nothing in the rules but I remember this from earlier plays)

Thirdly, when enemies move, if there are no visible commandos then do they make a beeline for the nearest triangular token, or is it only if they randomly move onto that space?

Fourthly, is there any mitigation of luck for being spotted? I seem to end up in certain choke points where new enemies spawn and I've had games where on the very first turn I get spotted and gunned down. I understand the need for stealth, but beyond supressed weapons, it seems all other commandos will rely on just a random 1/3 chance to get into close combat range?

You can shoot a door open. The alarm is then sounded.

When there is no visible commando, the ennemies moves according to the arrow at the bottom of your event card for that turn.

This 1/3 chance without mitigation is unfortunate indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goda solston
Spain
flag msg tools
1. Yes, you can shoot at a closed door. Look up to the page 8 of the rulebook, at the action "Shooting". It explains everything about shooting closed doors.

2. Yes, if you are naughty, the alarm will be triggered, with or without Nazi protecting the triangle. The presence of a soldier in a triangular objective is independent of the capacity of a commando to interact with it (excepting for every kind of nest, careful!).

3. Now, the event cards indicate the predeterminated direction baddies have to move each turn (if there are no visible commandos). Look up to the page 11 of the rulebook for more details.

4. You have some tricks to mitigate luck in the game. For example, you can barricade an entrance with a crowbar, giving you 4 turns (2, if the alarm is triggered) preventing the entrance of more guards. The Scout can move quite well throught the table. And sometimes, you can wait one extra turn to gain a +1 action or to expect a new, more favorable, enemy direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leigh
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Beds
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tactically, would you recommend losing actions and staying in a safe spot, over risking a die roll to stab the baddies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Langer
Germany
Coburg
Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
FIS Franconian Gaming Club
badge
History teacher at work
mbmbmbmbmb
tocoking wrote:

BTW it's your choice which commandos you take on a mission - from my experience it really helps to have at least one commando with a suppressed weapon. This way you can open doors silently even without a crowbar and you can clear rooms without the need to move in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Langer
Germany
Coburg
Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
FIS Franconian Gaming Club
badge
History teacher at work
mbmbmbmbmb
blunder1983 wrote:
Tactically, would you recommend losing actions and staying in a safe spot, over risking a die roll to stab the baddies?

This strongly depends on the situation, sometimes speed is of essence. But sometimes it really helps to wait for the next event card. Sometimes the sentries just walk away, or a good draw gives you another benefit (e.g. to be able to re-roll a failed stealth check).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Cornicer wrote:
tocoking wrote:

BTW it's your choice which commandos you take on a mission - from my experience it really helps to have at least one commando with a suppressed weapon. This way you can open doors silently even without a crowbar and you can clear rooms without the need to move in there.

Yes, this is what I would suggest too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.