Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emmanouil Karakostas
Greece
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every time i setup the game, i'm eager with my fellow breach mages, to get started.

The hardships of the Nemesis deck, the clever deck manipulation, thinning, optimizing, the cooperation between the mages, and the protection of the ultimate goal , Gravehold, brings joy, immersion , tabletalk, and nice feeling through and after each session.

The game oozes with theme, and challenge.
The recognizing of strength and weaknesses of the Nemesis, is only the begginning of great sessions to come!

The only downtime is only when we setup the nemesis deck,
and choosing our market cards!

Looking forward to run a campaign through all the Nemesis,
with the use of the Breach Mages.
If someone is exhausted, and we lose the game, that Mage is gone forever,
and we must pick another one!
we must defeat all Nemeses, with the use of only those Mages.

Excellent Game!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
manolios wrote:
Every time i setup the game, i'm eager with my fellow breach mages, to get started.

The hardships of the Nemesis deck, the clever deck manipulation, thinning, optimizing, the cooperation between the mages, and the protection of the ultimate goal , Gravehold, brings joy, immersion , tabletalk, and nice feeling through and after each session.

The game oozes with theme, and challenge.
The recognizing of strength and weaknesses of the Nemesis, is only the begginning of great sessions to come!

The only downtime is only when we setup the nemesis deck,
and choosing our market cards!

Looking forward to run a campaign through all the Nemesis,
with the use of the Breach Mages.
If someone is exhausted, and we lose the game, that Mage is gone forever,
and we must pick another one!
we must defeat all Nemeses, with the use of only those Mages.

Excellent Game!!

Ohhh, that variant sounds neat. During development we talked briefly about ways to create a 'campaign' feel but never pursued it much.

Who's your favorite nemesis to play against so far?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanouil Karakostas
Greece
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, that's a tough one.

Hmm...

They are all very challenging and diverse.

I think i like Wayword One, as per thematic phase-shifting,
I also love the Tainted Jades!
The Carapace Queen is also very thematic like a swarm.

but everyone is unique!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Tucker
msg tools
Oh, I like that variant. What do people call that? Like a survival run?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mahuloq wrote:
Oh, I like that variant. What do people call that? Like a survival run?

Seen a simular challenge on the Eldritch Horror forum. It was named something like alphabet challenge (use al investigators in alphabetical order trying to beat every great old one before running out of investigators)

But for this Survival sounds cool.

Maybe we can try to find a name for this campaign mode?

Hmmm, let me try
Onslaught mode
Ultimate Gravehold Defence
Nemesis Onslaught

But Survival mode sounded good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
manolios wrote:
Oh, that's a tough one.

Hmm...

They are all very challenging and diverse.

I think i like Wayword One, as per thematic phase-shifting,
I also love the Tainted Jades!
The Carapace Queen is also very thematic like a swarm.

but everyone is unique!

What about breach mages? Any particular ones you really enjoy playing with?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanouil Karakostas
Greece
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and most of my parties really loved

Jian
Kadir
Reeve

and of course

Xaxos (stylish and use )

As for the Campaign, i have not yet tried to give any rewards, after each victory, because i think i might destroy the balance.
Maybe an extra life point or something after two Nemeses...

I think having all mages (with permadeath) through a run to defeat all Nemesis, is a reward by itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played my first game last night! 2 player. Jian and Brahma VS Rageborn. We won with Gravehold at 19. I (playing Brahma) went exhausted when the Rageborn had about 40 life. I had 6 health and was 1 charge away from healing myself up to 10. I got hit with the strike that took me down to 2. Then we got another nemesis in a row which dealt 2 to the player with the least health. Ow! 6 damage at once. I thought we were playing pretty well, but obviously there's nothing we could have done to stop that.

That said, Jian's damage output was HUGE. I played Brahma very supportively, using the relic to constantly focus & open Jian's breaches and the other one to give her charges. Then Jian used the 6 cost spell which dealt bonus damage per open breach. 2+3(breaches)+1(level 3 breach) for 6. Using Jian's charge ability, she could do that twice a round for 12 damage. I was fairly surprised we pulled out a win especially after me going Exhausted after only half the game. I don't think we played anything wrong... but then again going exhausted isn't as terrible as I had anticipated.

Question though: I had a hard time understanding Sage's Brand. The wording doesn't really make sense. It must be prepped to two adjacent breaches. Does that mean you need a copy of the spell in two different breaches next to each other to be able to cast it? Or that it effectively uses two breaches by itself?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
epilepticemu wrote:
Just played my first game last night! 2 player. Jian and Brahma VS Rageborn. We won with Gravehold at 19. I (playing Brahma) went exhausted when the Rageborn had about 40 life. I had 6 health and was 1 charge away from healing myself up to 10. I got hit with the strike that took me down to 2. Then we got another nemesis in a row which dealt 2 to the player with the least health. Ow! 6 damage at once. I thought we were playing pretty well, but obviously there's nothing we could have done to stop that.

That said, Jian's damage output was HUGE. I played Brahma very supportively, using the relic to constantly focus & open Jian's breaches and the other one to give her charges. Then Jian used the 6 cost spell which dealt bonus damage per open breach. 2+3(breaches)+1(level 3 breach) for 6. Using Jian's charge ability, she could do that twice a round for 12 damage. I was fairly surprised we pulled out a win especially after me going Exhausted after only half the game. I don't think we played anything wrong... but then again going exhausted isn't as terrible as I had anticipated.

Question though: I had a hard time understanding Sage's Brand. The wording doesn't really make sense. It must be prepped to two adjacent breaches. Does that mean you need a copy of the spell in two different breaches next to each other to be able to cast it? Or that it effectively uses two breaches by itself?

Working together and specializing is really important to succeeding in Aeon's End. Sounds like you found a pretty good strategy off the bat. Nice!

Sage's Brand is prepped to two adjacent breaches, unlike most spells which are only prepped to one. So it uses two breaches by itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.