Cavern Tavern» Forums » General

Subject: How much you depend on your rolls? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
please correct me if I'm wrong (cause I want to be wrong) but after seeing some reveiws and reading rules I can't stop thinking that in this game whoever rolls higher numbers will have much better chanves at winning. I mean both chores and kitchen actions are better for higher rolls and I'm assuming (just assuming)that more valuable ingredients are at higher rolls as well.

Can someone playing the game, or reading the rules or authors itself correct me and tell me why I'm wrong? Cause I bought pnp and I really want this game to be something more than just "who rolls higher" kind of game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Brookville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a while since I reviewed the rules, iirc, it is more of needing to roll a minimum number. There is also strategy with how many dice you roll for a particular action, to achieve that minimum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristina Rodriguez
United States
Zion
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my opnion there more than just how high you roll. Don't forget you have to keep up with orders or go on down nasty track or getting nasty says cards which is minus 10 points at end game. It's usual larger orders equals more points and orders go down with time and you can receive negative if they aren't completed. Also other players can bad talk you to nasty as well. There are modifers for mrs nasty board if you are worried about getting high numbers. Also bonus points you can get for your secret objective too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mtaylor314 wrote:
It's been a while since I reviewed the rules, iirc, it is more of needing to roll a minimum number. There is also strategy with how many dice you roll for a particular action, to achieve that minimum.

needing to have low rolls is as bad as needing to have high rolls both depends on luck not on player skills :/

OnePiecePirate wrote:
In my opnion there more than just how high you roll. Don't forget you have to keep up with orders or go on down nasty track or getting nasty says cards which is minus 10 points at end game. It's usual larger orders equals more points and orders go down with time and you can receive negative if they aren't completed. Also other players can bad talk you to nasty as well. There are modifers for mrs nasty board if you are worried about getting high numbers. Also bonus points you can get for your secret objective too.

It would be great if this game would be smth more than just linear completing orders - hopefully I will find out about it soon enough

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Brookville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
donatello23 wrote:
hopefully I will find out about it soon enough

Agreed. The US ship has landed and I think the Euro ship gets in Dec 7, so hopefully this happens REALLY soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.