Codenames» Forums » General

Subject: Codenames Large Type? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
benjamin CLOVIS
France
flag msg tools
Hi all,
My mother recently has lost a lot of her sight. She can still see, but not very well. She has also wanted to join her children and grandchildren in game play over the hollidays. Now obviously codenames seems like a no brainer, but of course the type is outrageously small in that game, even for those with good sight.
Now I might go through with the idea of copying all of the words on large cards with a marker, but is there such a thing as versions for the legally blind (but not blind, so obvioulsy braille is out of the question)
any useful sites that you could recommend for those with sight chanllenge?
Thanks for your help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if you have access to; smartphone, big screen TV, Chromecast and someone smarter than me to get it going - the app 'Heist' (essentially the same game as codenames) might work for you. The words would be on the TV. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tuogol.hei...

there's a Forum or 2 here of folks that make their own games or re-theme cards, etc. maybe someone could generate a set of larger cards to play with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Brookville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if it'll work, but there is a Codename: Pictures version. No text it has a picture instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack S
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a quick fix, but you could also type the words into Excel and increase the font.

Could also highlight each cell as the words are being guessed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.