Colt Express» Forums » General

Subject: Flimsy train fix? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robbert Vervuurt
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like moving figures in the train or from inside to on top of the train is ruining the game-experience, because I keep on touching the train with my hands, basically disconnecting the whole train.

Is there a way to connect the trains and make them more "heavy", so they don't move on the slightest touch?

I love the whole 3D-board, it's very original to me, but the "flimsiness" is kinda ruining it for me (or I'm ruining it). I thought maybe someone has a 3D-printed "track" with slots for each carriage? Or any other tips?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe get some tiny neodymium magnets from eBay or somewhere similar and glue them to the couplings on the carriages?

You could also, as you suggest, glue weights in the cavity under each carriage but make sure there is room for a meeple, should you be playing with the time travel car expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Left hand, lightly hold the carriage down with one finger.
Right hand move the meeple.
Unless you have serious DT's this should fix it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbert Vervuurt
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InappropriateAndy wrote:
Maybe get some tiny neodymium magnets from eBay or somewhere similar and glue them to the couplings on the carriages?

You could also, as you suggest, glue weights in the cavity under each carriage but make sure there is room for a meeple, should you be playing with the time travel car expansion.

Good you posted this. I was thinking of buying that expansion once, so read up on the rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.