United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Could some one please give me some information on how to get a paper game map mounted or if a thread on this already exists, provide the link please. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"She comes out of the Sun in a silk dress runnin' like a watercolor in the rain."
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

How much you looking to spend, and how pretty do you want it to be? Is your map a professionally printed paper map or something you're printing from a file for a Print 'n Play game?

I just created a copy of An Infamous Traffic for $7 total, (described here --> https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1680899/what-do-do-pnp-...) but that may not be the level of professionalism you're looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris schott
United States
saint louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like sandwiching paper maps between masonite and clear acrylic. You can pick up the whole thing, chits included, and move it if necessary.

If you insist on mounting, visit a framing shop and see what solutions they have to offer. You want an acid free substrate. I'd advise against foamboard as it can ding and dent, and additionally doesn't fold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically I'd like to mount a few of my wargame maps, so there's no room for error. Do Kinkos, OfficeMax, etc. do that sort of thing? Was considering buying cheap metal frames, but kinda bulky. Basically just want to give them a gameboard quality for durability and appearance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"She comes out of the Sun in a silk dress runnin' like a watercolor in the rain."
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Get the poster frame at Walmart. Super cheap, super easy, indestructible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.