Tomasz Waldowski
Poland
Bydgoszcz
Kujawsko-Pomorskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I just want to clarify something. Couple of headlines (for example Smoke is Progress) state 'a player receives something for something...'. Since player 'own' a headline I assume that it only affects the player who 'owns' it? Right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah that's what we play. we put a cube of that players colour on each headline so that you know which player it affects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United Kingdom
Brighton
flag msg tools
"All things in common"
badge
Thomas Müntzer stands alone amidst his heavily outnumbered insurgent peasant army and realises divine intervention will not be forthcoming.
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding from previous threads is it depends on the wording - when it says "you" it only applies to the person who played the card. When it says opponents, it applies to everyone apart from the person who played the card. And when it says "players" or similar, then it affects everyone.

Top of my head count, most (2/3ish) affect everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Davis
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As Jack said, it depends on the wording of the headline. There have been times in my games where I didn't want to play certain cards for their events, because it would put a headline into play that would help other players more than it would help me. On the other hand, there have also been times where other players will put a headline card into play and I have switched my strategy to take advantage of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.