Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frédéric Meurrens
France
Wasquehal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It may be tested during development of the game and aborted for any reasons. Corne will tell us ;-)

In 2 or 3 players games, we are often on an edge... It's really annoying to have only 1 or 2 tiles to choose from.

I propose to define a round market like earth. So i f you are on an edge or a corner, you can choose a tile and advance on the other side of the market.

That's all folks and enought because the game is already so fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
That's the nature of tile laying games. They aren't supposed to be easy. You have to choose carefully and make the best choices you can when your choices are limited. And sometimes the pickings are slim and you don't get much, if anything. But should also happen to your opponent(s), too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fredm wrote:
It's really annoying to have only 1 or 2 tiles to choose from.

There is also a chance to potentially plan some additional moves ahead. Now compare that to other famous games with tiles that only allow blind draw off the top of the pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corné van Moorsel
Netherlands
Maastricht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
fredm wrote:
It may be tested during development of the game and aborted for any reasons. Corne will tell us ;-)

In 2 or 3 players games, we are often on an edge... It's really annoying to have only 1 or 2 tiles to choose from.

I propose to define a round market like earth. So i f you are on an edge or a corner, you can choose a tile and advance on the other side of the market.

That's all folks and enought because the game is already so fun!

Going to a side or corner means limiting your choices or having your choices planned. Part of the game. Going to a corner means choosing 2 subsequent tiles in practice. Except if another player is/goes on/to that second tile, then you still anticipated on that of course. So you don't have 1 "choice". You did choose it a turn earlier. At least if you plan a bit. Placing the tile at your park is still a choice.
While when the grid is like a globe, each place in the grid is just the same.

Similarly, you can see at the grid where you can plan much and where you have much competition. When the grid is like a globe, you loose much of that too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior A
France
flag msg tools
I only played 2p, three times, and the board does feel too constrict,

This can be a good option to try and open it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Karlsson
msg tools
Another variation I use sometimes when playing, especially with kids, is that you can jump over animals and take any tile in a straight line ahead and to either side of you. Makes the zoos contain more animals and the kids happier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior A
France
flag msg tools
Bonkom wrote:
Another variation I use sometimes when playing, especially with kids, is that you can jump over animals and take any tile in a straight line ahead and to either side of you. Makes the zoos contain more animals and the kids happier.

I think it's part of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.