Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm trying to find a website that is referencing every single miniature that is related to Kingdom Death.
The ones that are currently in stock but also every single one that has existed.
I fail to find one (some are pretty cool but none I've found is comprehensive).

I would like to gather these minis in a web page with:

- name
- picture
- type (resin/plastic)
- category (pinup/promo/narrative)
- Fluff

Do you think it's relevant or is it just a waste of time?
I would like to know if it is of any use before I work on it.

Here's a teaser with a few entries on my testing server:
http://www.lexgotham.com/kdm/

Feel free to make comments or suggestions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
Gonna be hard to do. The KDM online store used to have most of that and some small bits of lore, too. You might be able to grab an archived shot of their sold out section if you dig hard enough.

Best of luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph M.
Germany
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
try http://vibrantlantern.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Christoph but as cool as the vibrant lantern is, the KD minis are not all referenced there, are they?
The webmaster doesn't list all there is to see, he lists all he has in his own private collection.

If you know a website having a comprehensive list and description of the KD miniatures, I'm interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bast Kitty
United States
Lynn
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://fddlstyx.com/miniatures/a-complete-miniature-list-for...

Last updated in April, but has all the miniatures from then and before.
A lot of them are not part of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks ricoon.
Knew this one too.
Not comprehensive and no pictures and fluff.

So far and as far as I know, to have it all, we need to cross reference different websites.

PS: It's ok if it doesn't concern the game itself.
I'm looking for everything related to KD, not KD:M only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subscribing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know of anything that gives you what you want, but I am certainly interesting in it. So if this is also a probe for interest if you're thinking about creating it, consider me a +1 interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
If you are looking to get into the serious nitty gritty of KD minatures, and maintain a reference that provides information like how many resin releases there have been of each mini and how many minis there were in each release, then yes, that would be much in demand with the growing collectors' market for rare KD releases.

I think you'll need help from inside the KD team with such a project, however, and they're pretty busy right now. Talking to the folks at Vibrant Lantern might be a good first step.

The gallery you have right now on display is pretty, but I don't see a lot of utility in it beyond what you could find browsing the in stock/sold out tabs of the KD website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
emmit svenson wrote:
If you are looking to get into the serious nitty gritty of KD minatures, and maintain a reference that provides information like how many resin releases there have been of each mini and how many minis there were in each release, then yes, that would be much in demand with the growing collectors' market for rare KD releases.

I think you'll need help from inside the KD team with such a project, however, and they're pretty busy right now. Talking to the folks at Vibrant Lantern might be a good first step.

The gallery you have right now on display is pretty, but I don't see a lot of utility in it beyond what you could find browsing the in stock/sold out tabs of the KD website.

What you would get that is not on the web shop is a comprehensive breakdown of every miniature ever.
The shop doesn't show you that.

And subscribing will show you new items, not old ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B1006068
msg tools

Someone in the kickstarter comments posted this graphic showing the minis not included in the Satan pledge & first kickstarter. So if you have the satan's pledge this is the remaining mini's you'd need to have everything KD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
mastersystem wrote:

Someone in the kickstarter comments posted this graphic showing the minis not included in the Satan pledge & first kickstarter. So if you have the satan's pledge this is the remaining mini's you'd need to have everything KD.

While I appreciate the work put into compiling this information this way...

...what kind of madness could possibly be responsible for this choice in chart design?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nonetheless the work's awesome. surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I made my research and haven't found anything yet that is comprehensive, online and user friendly.
So, I'm on it.

Wether it's useful enough or not is debatable but the fact is, it will fill a need that hasn't been met yet.

Obviously, it will not be limited to a "pretty" list.
That's a starting point.
I'll see where I go from there and suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:
I made my research and haven't found anything yet that is comprehensive, online and user friendly.
So, I'm on it.

Wether it's useful enough or not is debatable but the fact is, it will fill a need that hasn't been met yet.

Obviously, it will not be limited to a "pretty" list.
That's a starting point.
I'll see where I go from there and suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks.

Good luck. I'll be painting my minis while you're at it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mastersystem wrote:

A lot of really cool models that I rather have than pinups any day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.