Hide
4 Posts

Mansions of Madness» Forums » Rules

Subject: Moving a stunned monster rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Victor Coll
msg tools
A stunned investigator can be moved by any mythos or action card effect because the stunnig effect only affects their movement steps.
For monsters the rule says it may not move or attack. But can it be moved with Pete's guitar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Brother
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
If something "is moved", it also moves. As it may not move, I would gather it wouldn't be allowed to "be moved" as well.

I think this interpretation also works thematically: The sound of the guitar either attracts or scares off a monster, which is why it moves. If the monster is stunned, the sound of the guitar doesn't affect it at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Lycantrax wrote:
A stunned investigator can be moved by any mythos or action card effect because the stunnig effect only affects their movement steps.
For monsters the rule says it may not move or attack. But can it be moved with Pete's guitar?

That's a great question. I'm not sure if that has been clarified anywhere. Seems like a rule and move on kind of thing, but I suppose thematic arguments can be made for days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hoffman
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lycantrax wrote:

Golden rule is that cards' directives supersede the rules.

So, yes, Pete's Guitar can move a stunned monster. (You will still have to make a Horror test if the monster is entering your room.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.