John Quick
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Are there any special rules that apply to the ARVN armour units that have vehicle silhouettes rather than symbols?

Not sure I understand what the rationale is for these units to be represented like this (APC/Tank picture) rather than the symbols used for 'similar' ARVN units. Can someone please enlighten me.

Just having a look at the 1st Scenario - looks a cracking game!

John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuckster williams
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Refer to the play note under section 2.3.3 for your answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Quick
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the rapid response - I'd still ask why? Though that is out of curiosity more than anything else.

My fault for not reading all the notes on my first look though the rule book.

J
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fruitbat49 wrote:
Thanks for the rapid response - I'd still ask why? Though that is out of curiosity more than anything else.

J

Nothing nefarious or deliberately obtuse; quite simply because there was room on the sheet, and some people prefer silhouettes over symbols.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Quick
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough I guess - thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some players like to see little tanks instead of little bathtubs. They did this in No Retreat as well.

They provide you with both types of counters, use the ones you like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy williams
Australia
Ferntree Gully
victoria
flag msg tools
mb
Toadkillerdog wrote:
Fruitbat49 wrote:

J

Nothing nefarious or deliberately obtuse; quite simply because there was room on the sheet, and some people prefer silhouettes over symbols.

I reckon it is a great idea and enhances the look of the game because there is only a few of them. 10/10!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Mullen
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
This isn't me, this is General Creighton Abrams, the man who took over MACV after Westmoreland. A genius, innovator and American hero in the truest sense.
mbmbmbmbmb
Toadkillerdog wrote:
Fruitbat49 wrote:

J

Some of us nerds prefer the NATO symbology and ruin it for the world. modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.