Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys. I got a retailer that is going to get the 6 retail copies for me and 6 others. I have 3 places left in the, is any one interested in one of the copies?

if you didnt join the KS early and get the discount, then you can your self a 200 copy instead of $250, and im sure he will put things into the pledge manager for us.

Geek mail me.

-Joel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about shipping charges for the retailer pack? Does it still come down to $25 per core set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pierce
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you mean you and 5 others?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Juan: i dont know about the 25 a set shipping.

@Mark: If we are successful in getting three more. the store owner wants a copy, my buddy rob is in for one, and we need 3 more people to secure the retail pledge. So yeah, we need three others. Are you interested? do you know 2 others if you are?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
????

Why pledge $200 with a stranger when for $50 more I can pledge for a copy that'll go directly to me without hassle?

I mean, fifty bucks is fifty bucks, but I am -not- seeing the appeal in Kickstarting stuff with strangers. It's adding more risk on top of already existing risk. And -then- there's the issue of double shipping. The retailer will get the 6 copies, but will (sensibly) ask everyone to chip in $25 or so to cover S&H to the retailer, who'll get the games and -then- reship them for another $25 or so (big 17 pound boxes aren't going to be cheap). At which point the $50 you saved just became $25 you saved, right, and you'll be waiting an extra week or so as the retailer has to reship you your game (assuming retailer pledges are even shipped at the same time as regular pledges)?

Doesn't seem worth it to me.

Tell your friend to buy the other three and sell them for $300 each. He'll make a nice profit and the games are sure to move quickly at that price. If he wants to sit on them, he can probably double or triple his investment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Typically, a pooled pledge like this has two benefits. One is a lower bulk price per unit; the other is a lower per-unit shipping charge. Most participants are expected to be local and therefore there is no second shipping charge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
I would recommend advertising thisnthrough a local game or comic shop. The logistics of trying to handle payment and shipping with three randos from who knows where sounds like a recipe for disaster. Much better to go in with some people you can deal with face-to-face.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well shelby,

there is ISN'T double delivery, you are picking it up in person. The whole purpose of this is a local pull, not a national pull.

Ive done this before,

thank you for your input. have a nice day

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, and thats exactly what the store guy is doing. face to face, delivery only.

tharbkrakens wrote:
I would recommend advertising thisnthrough a local game or comic shop. The logistics of trying to handle payment and shipping with three randos from who knows where sounds like a recipe for disaster. Much better to go in with some people you can deal with face-to-face.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have 4 people confirmed for MD/DC/NoVA pickup of the retail pledge.
We are looking for 2 more people to split the pledge.

Since there are only 10+ days left please email me directly and will give you the details.

its 200 per person, plus shipping to the store, so you are still saving 50 bucks, which, I plan to spend my 50 on more expansions/scenarios.

If you are in Northern VA then you can pick it up from me in silver spring if you wish

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have 4 possibly 5 spots filled of the 6 spots in the retail package.

You could be the sixth Yes! you!

its 200 per person, plus shipping to the store.
You still save 50 a person.

Any one else interested?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kubaska
msg tools
mbmbmb
Just curious - what store are you working with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Simpson
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Guys,
I appreciate Joel working to get this done.

Here is the information on the store.

The store is Harvester Bookstore, which is inside of Harvester Baptist Church in Ellicott City. We have a DBA contract with ACD, Alliance, Asmodee, and GTS. The bookstore was nominated by our Alliance rep in 2015 best hybrid bookstore/gamestore.

The church allows us to sell games, but not for a profit... so whatever is our cost, is all that we are allowed to charge others. The only thing that we ask is that you don't use us as a way to sell and make money.

We have some stock, I think there were 5 games up there last time I checked. But most of our sales are on demand. People want stuff, we wait until there is a free shipping deal, and then we put the order in.

We have 1 goal with this - get people/families together to play games. Typically during the winter months we will hold some board game days... letting people get together and have a good time. GCOM has been a big help in that regard.

Any other questions, I will do my best to answer!!
Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might add that Matt is a very decent bloke and I gamed with him. Hoping to continue.

bloke (brittish): a man; a fellow.
synonyms: man, fellow, gentleman;

simpsonps121 wrote:
Hi Guys,
I appreciate Joel working to get this done.

Here is the information on the store.

The store is Harvester Bookstore, which is inside of Harvester Baptist Church in Ellicott City. We have a DBA contract with ACD, Alliance, Asmodee, and GTS. The bookstore was nominated by our Alliance rep in 2015 best hybrid bookstore/gamestore.
<snip>

Any other questions, I will do my best to answer!!
Thanks guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.