Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Eucker
United States
Cedar Grove
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When instructed to place a monster (no mention of ignoring group limits)at a location, but all of the monsters in their group limit are already in play, what does one do? Ignore the placement or move a "in play" monster to the new location? If the later, how is the monster to be moved selected?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Pantaloni
Italy
Camerata Picena
AN
flag msg tools
mb
If all the monsters of that group are already in play you ignore the new placement

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I believe that no monster is then placed.

my question is: say you have a 3p game and are told to place a group of zombies, respecting group limits. no zombies are killed that round. the next round, a zombie spawns. is that the final remaining zombie from the supply or is the group limit applied to the supply as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
You are always supposed to go by group limits unless it expressly tells you to ignore them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, we were doing Kindred Fire and it was the last room of one quest where we encountered Merric Farrow and his monsters, Bhargests and an Ettin - except the only two Ettins were on the map (chasing us). We decided that to stop the quest being a walkover at the end we could place a monster already in play so moved the master Ettin.
I couldn't find anything in the Road to Legend rules, anything in the Descent rules or in any FAQs - does anyone know if this is explicitly mentioned in any Descent rulebooks or FAQs ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zielinski
United States
Jenks
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Repeating my post answering the same question from another post:

I just carried over a rule from the Co-op card versions; Dark Elements, Forgotten Souls & Nature's Ire.

In the rules for them it stated that if the word PLACE was used... then you only spawn new units that are available. If the word SPAWN was used... then you "teleport" figures from the board to the new location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rent13579 wrote:
Repeating my post answering the same question from another post:

I just carried over a rule from the Co-op card versions; Dark Elements, Forgotten Souls & Nature's Ire.

In the rules for them it stated that if the word PLACE was used... then you only spawn new units that are available. If the word SPAWN was used... then you "teleport" figures from the board to the new location.

Thanks for that, I don't have the co-op packs so hadn't read those rules. Looking at them now they answer the question exactly:

If players cannot spawn a monster because the required figure is already on the map, remove that figure from the map, recover all damage and remove any conditions on that monster, and place it as directed. When players remove figures from the map in order to spawn monsters for an encounter, they cannot remove monsters that were just placed for that encounter. They must remove monsters that were on the map before the players started spawning monsters for that encounter.

I'm surprised FFG didn't use that in entirety in The Road to Legend rules since they're both basically the same game, AI rules for a co-op game.
So, trying to be fair to the game and to make it challenging, we did play what appears to be the correct rules.

Cheers again, if I had any gold I'd tip you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.