Subject: Most Strategic Way to Play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious which official variants are best for a strategic game. Some variants, like the actions, seem like they could introduce more luck (whether you happen to have the cards that give good actions), but I don't know for sure.

Can anyone who has played a lot with all sorts of official variants (extra draws, card actions, scoring) tell me which rules provided for the maximum STRATEGIC play?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
The actions are designed to reduce luck (since 7s are stronger, they have the weakest action).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
angelkurisu wrote:
The actions are designed to reduce luck (since 7s are stronger, they have the weakest action).

I haven't had the chance to play yet, but doesn't this make being dealt a starting 7 an even bigger deal than normal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe B
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Blue Steel wrote:
I'm curious which official variants are best for a strategic game. Some variants, like the actions, seem like they could introduce more luck (whether you happen to have the cards that give good actions), but I don't know for sure.

Can anyone who has played a lot with all sorts of official variants (extra draws, card actions, scoring) tell me which rules provided for the maximum STRATEGIC play?

Thanks!

I always found the game much more satisfying with the Advanced Rules and Actions. I haven't played a series with cumulative points, but that would add more strategy as well (e.g. - prematurely tanking a round so your opponent scores fewer points)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.