Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jakub Kircun
United States
Woods Hole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, I just love the grittiness of this game!

Actually I have had to make some of my own convoy counters for Germany and the UK... and I'm surprised that 96 CPs aren't enough to transport all of the Commonwealth's resources to the UK, and that's not counting trade agreements either. I ended up not bothering with any of the Australian resources, and left behind some in India and Canada.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
kubaman wrote:
First off, I just love the grittiness of this game!

Actually I have had to make some of my own convoy counters for Germany and the UK... and I'm surprised that 96 CPs aren't enough to transport all of the Commonwealth's resources to the UK, and that's not counting trade agreements either. I ended up not bothering with any of the Australian resources, and left behind some in India and Canada.

Well you don't need to carry ALL possible resources to the UK; there are more potential resources than factories!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Kircun
United States
Woods Hole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed. Also there is one factory in India, and another in Australia, which could build one production point each, and which I could presumably use to built CW units (or do I have to transport them to the UK first?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kubaman wrote:
Indeed. Also there is one factory in India, and another in Australia, which could build one production point each, and which I could presumably use to built CW units (or do I have to transport them to the UK first?).

Right - the Australian factory can take one of the Aussie resources and give you one production point WITHOUT having to ship to the UK. Likewise the factory in India and the two in Canada. Saves a few convoys, too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Kircun
United States
Woods Hole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Thanks for the clarifications. So the UK has 4 production points to use just from it's Empire, plus whatever it can produce on the British Isles (which would be at least another 2 production points from the resources in Wales and England). Of course 6 production points is probably not enough to run a successful war effort, so shipment of resources to the UK would be essential.

I'm assuming that once other minor countries with factories (and local resources) align themselves with the UK, then they would likewise add-up to that basic production level (without the need for convoy points).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More or less.

Say Mexico somehow came to be aligned to the Commonwealth. It would rail one of its resources to the factory in Mexico City, and that would be one production point for the CW - part of the TOTAL CW production. No CPs required.

To use the other two Mexican resources, the UK would have to find some way of getting them to factories - which would almost certainly require convoy points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.