Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Scenario 2 questions! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Hutchinson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Played scenario 2 last night and was mightily confused. I could just be dumb but is there even enough clue tokens in the scenario to get all 6 cultists out (since it takes 4 to flip one)?

Also, I set up the first scenario from the rulebook with the chaos tokens they told me to do, does this carry throughout the whole campaign? I found no instructions on scenario 2 as to what to put in the chaos bag. Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Bird
Antarctica
msg tools
mbmbmb
You are playing a story driven experience that is not dependant on numerical success.

You never have a situation where if you don’t collect all 10 widgets you are eliminated and have to start from the beginning.

Collecting 3 cultists or 0 cultists or any combination still means you pass to the next scenario. Just because there are 6 cupcakes doesn’t mean you have to get all 6 cupcakes. The setup just tells you that there are six/ five cupcakes.

Yes it’s possible to get six. But don’t get all obsessed without even trying. Or do, it’s up to you.

The chaos bag is set up per difficulty level. If YOU want to change difficulty then YOU change it. Play it on easy if six cupcakes are important to you.

If the scenario says alter the Chaos bag in some way then do it. Otherwise leave it alone.

Just play, have fun, and then come back and tell us how you did.

Phoenix
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, there's enough clue tokens to find everything (not all of them are in the deck).

Yep, keep the chaos bag the same for the whole campaign unless told to modify it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
There are 11-13 clues per investigator on the map (varying by luck and earlier choices), plus an additional 2 clues (independent of investigator count) in Northside. There are five cards in the Cultist deck. Thus, there are always enough clues to draw all Cultists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Hutchinson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Thanks guys! I think we were setting the clues out wrong the whole time. One more question, the actions you can take at the location (get 3 cards, gain 5 resources etc.) Are those only able to be used by one investigator per round, or once by every investigator per round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Crantz
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Cover Up sure hurts in this scenario though! That nailed my first go through this scenario. Only nabbed 4 cultists. But, as another poster noted, you don't have to get all 6 to make it through the scenario. Just roll with it and see what happens! (don't read ahead an spoil your first run through goo)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Crantz
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Polysaccharide wrote:
Thanks guys! I think we were setting the clues out wrong the whole time. One more question, the actions you can take at the location (get 3 cards, gain 5 resources etc.) Are those only able to be used by one investigator per round, or once by every investigator per round?

Pretty sure those say they can only be used once per game in the card text. And they require an action to use (noted by the arrow icon next to the action), so the investigator using it has to be at that location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kløve
Denmark
Hillerød
flag msg tools
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed
mbmbmbmbmb
rican919 wrote:
Polysaccharide wrote:

Pretty sure those say they can only be used once per game in the card text. And they require an action to use (noted by the arrow icon next to the action), so the investigator using it has to be at that location.

And once per game is once per game per investigator. There is one which has once per game as a group limit, which is truly once per game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
rican919 wrote:
Polysaccharide wrote:

The action on Your House is once per turn (it doesn't have the text "group limit," so that's once per turn per investigator), and the University action has no limit aside from its action cost (and so can be used as much as you want).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Crantz
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, Klove is right. Unless it's specifically printed on the card, limits are per investigator.

EDIT: Yes, without getting into too many spoilers, not all of the locations cards have the same usage limitations. Just don't get too excited and skip through the key words on the card text. It's easy to miss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Hutchinson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Thanks so much for all the help guys! Much appreciated. I live in Minneapolis so excited to run to FFG to get the add on scenario pack!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I noticed there are places in the game where you might want to track temporary buffs to stats, or blank out location abilities to indicate they've been used by a player -- anyone have any tokens they would suggest for these purposes. The fact that each player can use a location ability once (rather than it being a group limit) presents an interesting tracking dilemma in a game that can take 90+ minutes. I might use Arkham Horror seal tokens for group locations to indicate their use, and then maybe just grab some little colored wooden discs or cubes (e.g., from Trains) to use to track per-player use of locations available to all, but only once each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Scothern
United Kingdom
Glasgow
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have been putting on a stamina/sanity token (stamina means I have used it, sanity means my wife has).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
As you suggest, I've been using little wooden 10mm-ish coloured discs for those 'once per game' effects (specifically the score trackers from TTR). Place them down adjacent to the location after reveal and remove a disc once an investigator uses it. Works fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.