$30.00
$15.00
$5.00
$20.00
Recommend
15 
 Thumb up
 Hide
31 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Eagle Gryphon Holday Blowout - Free Shipping at $50 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sale page

These sales usually aren't that great. But this time shipping is free at $50 and here are some of the deals:

Fantastiqa (rucksack) - $24.95
Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization (old version) - $29.99
Pastiche - $24.95
Wildlife Safari - $19.99
11 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
euronoob

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the old edition of Through the Ages, I think?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
euronoob wrote:
That's the old edition of Through the Ages, I think?


Oh, yeah, let me edit that to make it clear.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had the shopping cart on the EGG site open for about a week and have t been able to figure out what to buy. I want Caveman Curling really bad but need to hit $50 for free shipping. I thought about For Sale: Travel Edition and Nika but then they put the full version of For Sale for sale. I'll need to figure it out soon though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you need something to get to $50 there are some good titles that are only slightly cheaper than, say, CSI so they're not great deals but not bad either considering EGG's typical prices:

For Sale - $16.99
For Sale: Travel Edition - $7.99
Musée - $16.99
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Olsen
United States
South Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
was hoping to see some KS promo sets, but they must sell well enough to not be on sale. Shipping threshold may still make it worth it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan W
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious if anyone has looked at the new Through the Ages and how it compares rules-wise from this and the new version? I seem to recall enough changing that some people prefer one version vs the other, etc.

(I personally haven't tried either version.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Steal yo
badge
ur face
mbmbmbmbmb
KillahGorillah wrote:
Just curious if anyone has looked at the new Through the Ages and how it compares rules-wise from this and the new version? I seem to recall enough changing that some people prefer one version vs the other, etc.

(I personally haven't tried either version.)


The original is an excellent game and deservedly rose in the ranks here on BGG during it's time. The new version is even better as several cards were adjusted for balance and the combat mechanics were adjusted considerably. From what I can tell, the BGG consensus is that the new one is a substantial improvement. That said, I don't know many who play either version in person very often. This is one of those games that works better async online, IMHO. It's a bit long and there can be sizable downtime if playing with AP prone players. Check it out at boardgaming-online.com. Also a tablet version will be released soon *I hope*
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Bodah
United States
Melrose
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this. Nice to finally have a good deal on I'm The Boss. I picked that up with Elvenses for One and the 2 player Brass board. I'm done buying games for real now...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Inception: 01/08/16
mbmbmbmb

Sid Sackson fans rejoice!

Monad $12.99
Sleuth $15.99
Venture $12.99
Bazaar $24.99
Can't Stop $24.99
Games of Art $12.99
I'm the Boss $29.99
Buyword - $19.99
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Berry
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remus wrote:
KillahGorillah wrote:
Just curious if anyone has looked at the new Through the Ages and how it compares rules-wise from this and the new version? I seem to recall enough changing that some people prefer one version vs the other, etc.

(I personally haven't tried either version.)


The original is an excellent game and deservedly rose in the ranks here on BGG during it's time. The new version is even better as several cards were adjusted for balance and the combat mechanics were adjusted considerably. From what I can tell, the BGG consensus is that the new one is a substantial improvement. That said, I don't know many who play either version in person very often. This is one of those games that works better async online, IMHO. It's a bit long and there can be sizable downtime if playing with AP prone players. Check it out at boardgaming-online.com. Also a tablet version will be released soon *I hope*


Thanks for the review of the 2 versions. How to tell which version I have though?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Steal yo
badge
ur face
mbmbmbmbmb
mecheng_analyst wrote:
remus wrote:
KillahGorillah wrote:
Just curious if anyone has looked at the new Through the Ages and how it compares rules-wise from this and the new version? I seem to recall enough changing that some people prefer one version vs the other, etc.

(I personally haven't tried either version.)


The original is an excellent game and deservedly rose in the ranks here on BGG during it's time. The new version is even better as several cards were adjusted for balance and the combat mechanics were adjusted considerably. From what I can tell, the BGG consensus is that the new one is a substantial improvement. That said, I don't know many who play either version in person very often. This is one of those games that works better async online, IMHO. It's a bit long and there can be sizable downtime if playing with AP prone players. Check it out at boardgaming-online.com. Also a tablet version will be released soon *I hope*


Thanks for the review of the 2 versions. How to tell which version I have though?


The new one has the word "New" in the title:

The New One: Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization

The Old One: Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo De Luca
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmb
remus wrote:
mecheng_analyst wrote:
remus wrote:
KillahGorillah wrote:
Just curious if anyone has looked at the new Through the Ages and how it compares rules-wise from this and the new version? I seem to recall enough changing that some people prefer one version vs the other, etc.

(I personally haven't tried either version.)


The original is an excellent game and deservedly rose in the ranks here on BGG during it's time. The new version is even better as several cards were adjusted for balance and the combat mechanics were adjusted considerably. From what I can tell, the BGG consensus is that the new one is a substantial improvement. That said, I don't know many who play either version in person very often. This is one of those games that works better async online, IMHO. It's a bit long and there can be sizable downtime if playing with AP prone players. Check it out at boardgaming-online.com. Also a tablet version will be released soon *I hope*


Thanks for the review of the 2 versions. How to tell which version I have though?


The new one has the word "New" in the title:

The New One: Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization

The Old One: Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization

There are, however, several editions of the old one and apparently they have differences too.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Steal yo
badge
ur face
mbmbmbmbmb
leo_rockway wrote:
remus wrote:
mecheng_analyst wrote:
remus wrote:
KillahGorillah wrote:
Just curious if anyone has looked at the new Through the Ages and how it compares rules-wise from this and the new version? I seem to recall enough changing that some people prefer one version vs the other, etc.

(I personally haven't tried either version.)


The original is an excellent game and deservedly rose in the ranks here on BGG during it's time. The new version is even better as several cards were adjusted for balance and the combat mechanics were adjusted considerably. From what I can tell, the BGG consensus is that the new one is a substantial improvement. That said, I don't know many who play either version in person very often. This is one of those games that works better async online, IMHO. It's a bit long and there can be sizable downtime if playing with AP prone players. Check it out at boardgaming-online.com. Also a tablet version will be released soon *I hope*


Thanks for the review of the 2 versions. How to tell which version I have though?


The new one has the word "New" in the title:

The New One: Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization

The Old One: Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization

There are, however, several editions of the old one and apparently they have differences too.


True, but those differences are fairly minor by comparison.

This may help you figure out which edition you have: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/25613/through-ages-s...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bobalex
United States
brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
picked up:

I'm the boss
EMpires:Age of Discovery metal coins
Pizza Theory

Thanks OP!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Benson
United States
Pleasanton
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
If you need something to get to $50 there are some good titles that are only slightly cheaper than, say, CSI so they're not great deals but not bad either considering EGG's typical prices:

For Sale - $16.99
For Sale: Travel Edition - $7.99
Musée - $16.99


What's the difference between "travel edition" for sale and regular? Card size?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sparky
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting. I bought a little more than I expected, but I'm not unhappy about that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
Sonicwarhol wrote:
MentatYP wrote:
If you need something to get to $50 there are some good titles that are only slightly cheaper than, say, CSI so they're not great deals but not bad either considering EGG's typical prices:

For Sale - $16.99
For Sale: Travel Edition - $7.99
Musée - $16.99


What's the difference between "travel edition" for sale and regular? Card size?


If memory serves, one is a deck of cards with a tuckbox. The other is a full "normal" cardboard box.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Inception: 01/08/16
mbmbmbmb
Sonicwarhol wrote:
What's the difference between "travel edition" for sale and regular? Card size?
I once bought the travel edition by mistake. shake

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaphod Beeblebrox
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:
Sonicwarhol wrote:
What's the difference between "travel edition" for sale and regular? Card size?
I once bought the travel edition by mistake. shake

I thought the banana was the universal "for scale" item.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Inception: 01/08/16
mbmbmbmb
nbread wrote:
cunning stunt wrote:
Sonicwarhol wrote:
What's the difference between "travel edition" for sale and regular? Card size?
I once bought the travel edition by mistake. shake

I thought the banana was the universal "for scale" item.
This was a few years ago, before the banana was officially recognized as the standard unit of comparison.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan W
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer SU&SD's reference pear
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sparky
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Part II of the Holiday Blowout Sale is underway...Free shipping is still at $50 at $75 now.

http://www.eaglegames.net/Eagle-Gryphon-Games-Holiday-Sale-s...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pig43 wrote:
Part II of the Holiday Blowout Sale is underway...Free shipping is at $75 now.

http://www.eaglegames.net/Eagle-Gryphon-Games-Holiday-Sale-s...

I got worried there for a second. I still haven't figured out what to pair with Caveman Curling to get Free Shipping (was thinking about PitchCar expansion 6) and saw where you said that the free shipping threshold went up to $75. I said "Damn, pretty much the same stuff is on sale but now I have to buy more of it?" I just went to my cart on the EGG site though and it still has the "Free Shipping at $50" banner at the top and still gives me the option for Free Shipping from the shipping quote.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sparky
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
EYEL1NER wrote:
I got worried there for a second. I still haven't figured out what to pair with Caveman Curling to get Free Shipping (was thinking about PitchCar expansion 6) and saw where you said that the free shipping threshold went up to $75. I said "Damn, pretty much the same stuff is on sale but now I have to buy more of it?" I just went to my cart on the EGG site though and it still has the "Free Shipping at $50" banner at the top and still gives me the option for Free Shipping from the shipping quote.


Oh good. Sorry about that! I clicked one of the "this item qualifies for free shipping" icons on a game page and it pops up with a window that says $75 - must be the usual price. I'll update the other post.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.