$30.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
178 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Community » BoardGameGeek Community

Subject: What to include on my profile (#6) - Geek Gold bribery for your suggestions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Bird
Australia
CURRAMBINE
W.A.
flag msg tools
12,800+ Profile Views and counting!
badge
Want Geekgold? Visit my profile!
mbmbmbmbmb
Now in it's sixth year and a regular tradition, each year I run a competition for people to help decide what would end up being part of my profile here on Boardgamegeek. (See my profile for links to previous competitions).

This year, I'll be running the competition for roughly 5 weeks to accommodate to the festive season. This means the competition closes on Saturday January 7th 2017.

This year there will be 4 winners, each receiving different amounts of .

1 For the entry that receives the most amount of thumbsup they will receive 300 Geekgold along with their suggestion/question on my profile until 2018.

2 For the entry that receives the second most amount of thumbsup they will receive 200 Geekgold along with their suggestion/question on my profile until 2018.

3 For the entry that receives the third most amount of thumbsup they will receive 100 Geekgold along with their suggestion/question on my profile until 2018.

E Although multiple entries are permitted, you may only win one of the three prizes (the greatest available to you based on thumbsup)

Every entrant in this 2017 Profile Competition will receive one entry into a random draw for 100 ! This is irrespective of entries made in the competition or thumbs received; everyone will get 1 entry if they have taken part!
*Winners of this 100 prize may also be one of the three winners selected above by the public

As with the previous competitions, I'll do everyone the honour of answering every single question asked once again no matter how many there are, how silly they seem or how many thumbs they gain. Every. Single. Question. Please note I will not post anything crude, political or religious to my profile - which will be measured as such by my own discretion.

Note this competition is also a test of my own willpower each year. I do not respond at all until the draw date. I do thumb every entry as a measure of acknowledgement of reading them, but that is all. I look forward to everyone's contributions.

Please make only one suggestion per comment! This competition is decided by thumbs to suggestions and it's hard to work out what people have liked when a comment contains multiple ideas. You are welcome to enter multiple times, so no one should feel restricted then.

TL;DR
Respond to this post with a single question or suggestion to add to my profile. Highest amount of thumbs by 7th January 2017 will be added to my profile and the winners each receive . Enter as many times as you like. Easy.

Good luck to everyone! And please don't forget to thumb other people's suggestions/questions if you like them!

----------------------------------
This is last year's profile ideas;
----------------------------------

wrote:
CallieMo wrote:
Pick a game that you used to like but now are sick of playing for whatever reason. Write a "Dear John" type letter to that game explaining to it why you're breaking up with it. Assume that the game will be offended/upset that it will never be played again by you.

Dearest Pokemon Trading Card Game,

When we first met, you were but a child entering this world as nothing but Base Set. I too was young and we grew together. We forged friendships and created enemies as we continued our relationship through Jungle and Fossil. As you evolved into Neo Revelations we would part ways, but I would not forget you.

It would be through fate our paths would cross again as new friends would lead me to succumb to your allure once again as you were just beginning your new journey in Black & White. We stayed close to each other and I would dedicate many evenings to you competing for your coveted medals from Play Tournaments. I fought hard for you and I would allow no other but myself to stand triumphant as your king, I was #1 in our state for completing the Pokemon League and attaining all 8 badges before any other. I was devoted to you, unquestioned.

Then, you turned on me. You spat in my face as you opened your arms wide to all who were new to meet you and laughed at those whom had preciously loved you. With Legendary Treasures you tore my heart out and stomped upon it on the floor. How could you? In one new incarnation you would re-release all that was rare and hard to attain from our relationship since Black & White and give these elusive relics out as if they were a bowl of candy.

I was done. I am done, never to return to your lecherous grip. What we had was special, but it will never be the same again.

Goodbye, Pokemon Trading Card Game.

Sincerely,
Mark

Saltlizard wrote:
If you could instate a board game mechanic or rule into the real world that everyone had to obey, what would it be and why?

Once a month roll a D20. On a natural 20 you get the option of a promotion if your boss rolled a 1 or a pay rise. If tied with other employees for a promotion you must then roll against eachother to tie break.

lisaabbott78 wrote:
Imagine you're trapped in a boardgame. Which game would you pick, and why? What would be the best, and the worst thing about this?

Vampire: Dark Influences

The best thing?
Being part of a vampiric society ever so slightly obscured from the knowledge of the general public would be pretty cool.

The worst thing?
Potentially becoming a Nosferatu!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cheb
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some hilarious and awful ways games demand we select the starting player. The last person to sacrifice something? The person with the most money on them? Or the dreaded "the players may use any mutually agreeable method"?

Which is your favourite method for choosing Starting Player that you've come across in a rule book? And what way do you prefer to choose if it's not specified?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riccardo Previdi
Italy
Goito
Mantova
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

A powerful cabal of boardgame designers cast a spell on you.
You have been granted a wish. You will be turned into a game accessory of your choice. Forever.
Which would you choose, and why? cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you a small green furry thing from alpha Centuri.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
Your mission: "Design" a game based on your favorite song. Write the BGG description for this game, number of players, category, type, and mechanisms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geekgold is now accepted as payment (1:1) at all major retailers, but no new Geekgold will ever be created. You realize you've given away a fortune over the years. A fortune you now want back. How do you get back the Geekgold you so naively generously gave away?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Kaiser
Germany
flag msg tools
Sake.
badge
I'll think while I drink.
mbmbmbmbmb
A picture of every dice from every game you have, stacked together to one huge tower. One dice on top of the next one. No two dice in the same level of course. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caysi McQuillan
United States
Ft. Thomas
KY
flag msg tools
"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars" - unknown
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you like to participate in multiple exchanges throughout the Geek? Why not list them all with links to the geeklist used to thank each Santa. This in turn helps future exchanges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
s ortiz

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmb
This likely has been asked in the past, but is one of my favorites:

What(and why?) game could we ... (being your only child, love of your life, or last dying wish of a loved one...)

Never.... Ever... Get you to play as you detest it from the depths of your soul and the very nature of your heart...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W

Arizona
msg tools
Two guys walk into a bar, the third one ducks!
badge
That's it, that's the whole joke.
mbmbmbmbmb
You wake up and you discover that everyone in the world apart from you has turned into a real life sized meeple, are you OK with this? And what do you do? (Please remember this means you could get splinters from your pets.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Shevalier
Canada
Orillia
Ontario
flag msg tools
"Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing." -Henry David Thoreau
mbmbmbmbmb
Who would win in an epic battle to the death of every board game character ever created? (Please include the character's name, the game they are from, and why you believe they would come out victorious.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul B
United States
Fairfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your pet ate a piece from an OOP board game. What do you do?

eating is not as much a problem for me as having pieces knocked off the table and batted into unknown corners of the apartment
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Shevalier
Canada
Orillia
Ontario
flag msg tools
"Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing." -Henry David Thoreau
mbmbmbmbmb
If you could play one game in your collection with any famous deceased person, what game would you play and who would it be with?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just have to include my entry from last year, because... Well do I need a reason?

Just like my profile, use it to thank some BGG users that you're thankful of. I know you have your geeklist, but maybe point out the top 3?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And a new (original?) entry:

As genius you are, you are combining your favorite game with the worst game you ever played. Hoping that the second game will be much better now. Which two games will that be and how will your first game look like?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Kelley
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're a Gloom fan . . . how about a piece of short fiction telling the story of your family inspired by the best Gloom game you've ever played?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TTDG
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Include a tale from either your earliest RPG experience, or an early awesome RPG experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
List every country you've been to and which game best describes that country. It does not have to be a game set in that country.

If you do not have at least 5 different countries, include each Australian state you've visted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathryn Dersch
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If your 5 favorite board games were 4 course meals what would the courses entail?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stew Pid
msg tools
Trump:Build a Wall. The newest and best ameritrash!, or Managing Finances, while sending emails, with Hillary. (Trump Or Hillary)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
Your bottom 10 games:

List your 10 least favorite games of all time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Schkeuditz
Sachsen
flag msg tools
The only thing you are going to see, is the burning hand of overdue justice.
mbmbmbmbmb
Post the recipe for the food you like to cook/eat the most. How can it be served at a gaming night without damaging precious boardgames?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Kaiser
Germany
flag msg tools
Sake.
badge
I'll think while I drink.
mbmbmbmbmb
A picture of one big card house, or more likely a card town I guess, made of all the cards you own. No matter what game. If you don't have enough space for that, where you live make one big pile instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christiaan Meijer
Netherlands
Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tell us what PC game from the '80's - '90's is the most dear to you and why? Please include pictures of the game and/your examples (situations).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Turner
United States
Saginaw
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You get to commission any designer to make a board game with no restrictions. Who do you choose? What theme, mechanics, and components would you choose?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.