2 Posts

Falling Sky: The Gallic Revolt Against Caesar» Forums » Rules

Subject: doubt about ineffective cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
danniel mergel
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have a doubt about the non-player bot.
the flowchart says to ignore the event card that is ineffective.
the cards with laurels are always effective (and have special instructions), those with swords never and those with nothing may or may not be ineffective.
by now am i right?

if so, how do you decide if i card is effective or not?

for example: card 70 camulogenus (place 0-6 warband among atrebates, carnutes, and mandubii; select 1 for a free command + special ability). The non-player belgae or arverni may trigger the event or may not. how do you decide if the card is effective or not? what kind of command would you select? and where would you place 0-6 warbands?

thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
danni24102 wrote:
I have a doubt about the non-player bot.
the flowchart says to ignore the event card that is ineffective.
the cards with laurels are always effective (and have special instructions), those with swords never and those with nothing may or may not be ineffective.
by now am i right?
Almost, the laurels indicate that there are special instructions on one of the sheets. The instructions may be "if X, treat event as ineffective"
What is always effective is the Arverni Carnyx.

Quote:
if so, how do you decide if i card is effective or not?
It boils down to "if something happens on the board and it isn't only bad stuff for the executing bot then it counts as effective".
See 8.1.1 at the top of page 18.

Quote:
for example: card 70 camulogenus (place 0-6 warband among atrebates, carnutes, and mandubii; select 1 for a free command + special ability). The non-player belgae or arverni may trigger the event or may not. how do you decide if the card is effective or not? what kind of command would you select? and where would you place 0-6 warbands?

thx
It is only ineffective if nothing would happen.
I.e. No warbands will be placed (because they do not have any in the supply, if even 1 warband is in the supply it will be placed which makes the event effective)
No command can be executed in any of the regions
No SA can be executed in any of the regions.

If even one of these three things can happen then the event is not ineffective.

As to how everything is selected: You select which command/SA to execute by following the flowchart as if it was a turn where the bot does not have access to the event (first bullet of 8.2.3)
Where it is executed is outline in 8.3 and can be summed up as "where the event has the biggest effect"

Hope that helps, if you have specific questions please do ask them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.