Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy Heinz
United States
Kenockee
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just started the first scenario (the recommended beginner scenario) and the app tells me to spawn a hunting horror then suffer 2 horror. (will) negates.
1)Does will negates mean I roll a will test and if i roll at least two successes, I suffer no horror? Do I then discard those two horror if I pass?

Thanks all,

Guy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grey Fox
Portugal
Sintra
Sintra
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Each star icon negates one point of damage. So you simply don't get them, you don't even draw them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Pitts
United States
Aloha
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You roll the will test. For every success you roll, you ignore one of the horror you would suffer (up to the 2). So if you only roll one success, you take 1 horror and ignore the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L W
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that it means each success (elder sign showing on dice) negates a possible horror (or damage).

For example if you would have suffered two horrors but roll one success, you would receive one horror.

All horror and damage recieved face up unless other wise instructed. Read the face up card to find out what to do with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
THe above answers are correct, but I thought I'd help show how you would figure this out yourself...

Check the Negates entry of the Rules Reference Guide and you will find the following entry:

RRG - Negates wrote:
A test declaration that includes the word “negates” following the skill
icon indicates that the test prevents Damage or Horror.
-- For each success result rolled, the investigator prevents one
Damage or one Horror, his choice.

It's a good idea to get into the habit of checking for an RRG entry whenever you see a term you are not 100% clear about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
THe above answers are correct, but I thought I'd help show how you would figure this out yourself...

Check the Negates entry of the Rules Reference Guide and you will find the following entry:

RRG - Negates wrote:
A test declaration that includes the word “negates” following the skill
icon indicates that the test prevents Damage or Horror.
-- For each success result rolled, the investigator prevents one
Damage or one Horror, his choice.

It's a good idea to get into the habit of checking for an RRG entry whenever you see a term you are not 100% clear about.

My compliments, this must be the calmest and most patient way to tell someone to RTFM I have ever seen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Heinz
United States
Kenockee
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, it sure was! Awesome responses all. Thanks everyone. I will RTFM, or RTFRR for sure!

Guy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.