Hide
6 Posts

Pandemic Iberia» Forums » Rules

Subject: Railwayman's ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ka sT
msg tools
The railwayman's ability states that he can place "two consecutive railroad tokens starting from [his] current city".

How is this ability meant exactly?

Let's clarify this using two examples and assume that he starts his turn in Salamanca.

Example 1: Can he use his ability to place two tokens to Madrid and Cuenca in a single action (without moving)?

Example 2: Can he place two railways to Braga and Madrid in a single action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KasTGamer wrote:
assume that he starts his turn in Salamanca.

Example 1: Can he use his ability to place two tokens to Madrid and Cuenca in a single action (without moving)?

From Salamanca, the Railwayman can drop railroads on Salamanca->Madrid and Madrid->Cuenca

KasTGamer wrote:
Example 2: Can he place two railways to Braga and Madrid in a single action?

No. He would have to be in Braga so he could do Braga->Salamanca and Salamanca->Madrid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ka sT
msg tools
Your answer is in agreement with what we played so far. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ingersoll
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Along the same lines, do the two railways have to be consecutive or can he place his first token next to his city and his second as an extension of an existing line from that city?

Example: RWM is in Badajoz. Caceres and Toledo are already connected by rail. Can he go Badajoz-Caceres and then Toledo-Madrid?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rudolph
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So DarkAngel, the way I am reading your reply is that you can't branch in 2 different directions form the current city. So one line can't go east from the city and the other west. The lines have to connect in a straight line going in one direction. Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Vyolynce wrote:
Along the same lines, do the two railways have to be consecutive or can he place his first token next to his city and his second as an extension of an existing line from that city?

Example: RWM is in Badajoz. Caceres and Toledo are already connected by rail. Can he go Badajoz-Caceres and then Toledo-Madrid?

No, they have to be consecutive.

Putzmanrudy1 wrote:
So DarkAngel, the way I am reading your reply is that you can't branch in 2 different directions form the current city. So one line can't go east from the city and the other west. The lines have to connect in a straight line going in one direction. Is that correct?

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.