BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Cooperative game for middle school rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ephraim Goldstein

South Bend
Indiana
msg tools
I'm looking for a game that could help develop team-building for eight eighth grade boys. I think any cooperative game should do this, but I would like to have a game in which all 8 are playing one game. Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carel Teijgeler
Netherlands
Vlaardingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you do not mind to construct the game yourself (called PnP), perhaps Bay Area Regional Planner might be interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ephyg wrote:
I'm looking for a game that could help develop team-building for eight eighth grade boys. I think any cooperative game should do this, but I would like to have a game in which all 8 are playing one game. Any suggestions?

If you'd consider team vs. team, then games like Codenames or Codenames: Pictures would work well. I also hear that Captain Sonar is amazing in that vein, and easy to teach.

But, if you mean a co-op where they are all on one team together, and it holds 8, then I don't know of any. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Piperni
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadows over Camelot with the expansion Shadows over Camelot: Merlin's Company allows the game to go to 8 players. It's not complicated though will require lots of team work. All you'll have to do is play without the 'secret traitor' aspect and I'd guess that it'll still prove to be a challenge to them for a while, even without it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ephraim Goldstein

South Bend
Indiana
msg tools
I think it might be a lot easier to use a Game like Codenames, even though it is not completely cooperative.
Thank you for the Idea.
Captain Sonar also looks good. Ill have to wait until it is in print again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.