United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently received London Dread from my overly-generous Secret Santa, and upon opening it, I discovered the 2 packs of cards that say "immediately replace cards in the main deck with these, because of various misprints". And I did so.

This compelled me to go through the cards carefully, and I noticed several additional card-backs that had obvious marks. Ranging everything from "barely noticeable yellow/green/black marks" to "probably scuffed in the shrinkwrapping process" to "I think a giant beetle got crushed in the printer!", on both red-backed and green-backed (character portrait) cards.

I haven't actually absorbed the rules yet, so I don't know how big a deal this is, but I immediately sent an email to Grey Fox support with a list of the cards that were still noticeably "marked".

I have never had a bad experience with a game publisher replacing components like this, but I'm wondering if anyone has some specific positive experiences with Grey Fox on issues like this.

Otherwise, I'm dying to try this one soon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rather
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
I can feel the thunder that's breaking in your heart
badge
I can see through the scars inside you
mb
jozxyqk wrote:
I recently received London Dread from my overly-generous Secret Santa, and upon opening it, I discovered the 2 packs of cards that say "immediately replace cards in the main deck with these, because of various misprints". And I did so.

This compelled me to go through the cards carefully, and I noticed several additional card-backs that had obvious marks. Ranging everything from "barely noticeable yellow/green/black marks" to "probably scuffed in the shrinkwrapping process" to "I think a giant beetle got crushed in the printer!", on both red-backed and green-backed (character portrait) cards.

I haven't actually absorbed the rules yet, so I don't know how big a deal this is, but I immediately sent an email to Grey Fox support with a list of the cards that were still noticeably "marked".

I have never had a bad experience with a game publisher replacing components like this, but I'm wondering if anyone has some specific positive experiences with Grey Fox on issues like this.

Otherwise, I'm dying to try this one soon...

Your experience sounds like mine and I did indeed have a very positive experience with Grey Fox. Enjoy the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark K.
Austria
Vienna
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy suffered from similar issues and I received replacements in a timely manner
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parisa
Denmark
flag msg tools
Hi Josh

Just wanted to add, same issue here. They kindly sent me replacements. Hope you get to play it soon.
Infact, if Josh or Randell from Grey Fox Games are reading this, a big thanks for your fantastic customer service guys. You have a big fan here in Denmark!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still have to unbox my copy which I received in Essen ;P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Parisa wrote:
Hi Josh

Just wanted to add, same issue here. They kindly sent me replacements. Hope you get to play it soon.
Infact, if Josh or Randell from Grey Fox Games are reading this, a big thanks for your fantastic customer service guys. You have a big fan here in Denmark!

Yes, sorry I didn't come back for followup.
Randell did get back to me, shortly after I posted this (I wonder if he was reading.. )
And the cards are in the mail to me as we speak.
If they actually arrive before next Saturday, this game's going in the bag for game day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The new cards arrived today. Very quick!
The card-backs do look a lot better (not 100% perfect, but the marks aren't noticeable enough that they should interfere with gameplay, and I'm not going to bug Grey Fox again).

On to trying the game soon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.