Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

There's a reason many of the recent electoral maps look very similar to Civil War maps, and it's a startling truth that Republicans, many on this forum, refuse to accept.

The GOP has been pandering to rural/poor/uneducated whites since Nixon. They knew they were losing minorities and the Democrats were becoming the progressive party. They needed a new coalition to make up those votes. Hence they began scamming poor, uneducated whites to vote against their best interests. That strategy has come full circle as we now see the rural white-heavy Midwestern states start to turn red as the more minority-heavy states start to turn purple and blue.

But it's more sinister than a simple electoral strategy. There's nothing inherently wrong with winning votes. But they actually devised a plan to disrupt the communities of the opposition, using the war on drugs as their weapon of choice:

Literally ANYONE who has read any of the actual data knows that weed is comparatively harmless compared to other drugs, yet it has been used to disrupt minority and leftist groups for decades, while GOP good ole boys smoke much more dangerous tobacco products and drink scotch in the backrooms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
Literally ANYONE who has read any of the actual data knows that weed is comparatively harmless compared to other drugs, yet it has been used to disrupt minority and leftist groups for decades, while GOP good ole boys smoke much more dangerous tobacco products and drink scotch in the backrooms.

I fully agree; we must work harder to ban alcohol and cigarettes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Worm---> can---> opened---->

Let the denials and obfuscation begin!

Been down this road many times. I'll let you take point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
The OP is both entirely right and entirely wrong. If the question is whether the GOP specifically and the War on Drugs are systematically racist, well, then the answer is yes. By itself though, that answer would be misleading. The Democrats have during the same time used equally racist policies. While the Republicans used the bogeyman of the black person as a criminal, the Democrats have used the bogeyman of racial tensions to hide the genuine economic divide.

All of that took a backseat after 9/11. The parties both took up the Nativist mantra. They competed in the level of xenophobia but neither side challenged the anti-immigrant drum they were both beating. With Obama in office for eight full years and in his way popular as any president could hope, Obama has no excuse for not fighting against the wave of xenophobic hysteria both parties have created and exploited over the past 15 years. He did nothing.

Now convinced illegal immigrants are the greatest threat facing the US (when the very concept of illegal immigration flies in the face of American values) the American people elected someone to deal with the problem: Trump.

Racism didn't start with Trump. It didn't even start with 9/11. Yet 9/11 marks a watershed moment from which the nature, intensity, and ubiquity of American racism in politics changed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

Hip hip!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
The OP is both entirely right and entirely wrong. If the question is whether the GOP specifically and the War on Drugs are systematically racist, well, then the answer is yes. By itself though, that answer would be misleading. The Democrats have during the same time used equally racist policies. While the Republicans used the bogeyman of the black person as a criminal, the Democrats have used the bogeyman of racial tensions to hide the genuine economic divide.

All of that took a backseat after 9/11. The parties both took up the Nativist mantra. They competed in the level of xenophobia but neither side challenged the anti-immigrant drum they were both beating. With Obama in office for eight full years and in his way popular as any president could hope, Obama has no excuse for not fighting against the wave of xenophobic hysteria both parties have created and exploited over the past 15 years. He did nothing.

Now convinced illegal immigrants are the greatest threat facing the US (when the very concept of illegal immigration flies in the face of American values) the American people elected someone to deal with the problem: Trump.

Racism didn't start with Trump. It didn't even start with 9/11. Yet 9/11 marks a watershed moment from which the nature, intensity, and ubiquity of American racism in politics changed.

I don't necessarily disagree with you (though I wouldn't describe what the Dems have done "racist" as much as reactionary). The entire tone and strategy of the Democrats has been wrong. They've been too much like the Republicans in the wrong ways, and not enough like the Republicans in ways they should be. If they focused their message on unity and brought back the populism that worked so well for them in the past, they would have pasted Trump and the GOP in 2016.

We'll see if they can find a new message now that they've been repudiated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
Terwox wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

Hip hip!!!

Coffee stays or I go postal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, I thought the partys switched roles with the "magical shift" so therefore, the Democrats are to blame for this.. Thanks Obama.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if the democrats really wanted to piss of the red states - They had 8 years to ban country and western music and outlaw trailer homes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walking on eggshells is not my style
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
Which was the party of racism before Nixon?

Or was there none?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if trump picks Carson for HUD secretary, what does that mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:

Or was there none?

It was probably the Democrats until Johnson. He said signing the Civil Rights Act would lose the Democrats the South, and he was damn right about that.

The South didn't magically stop being racist after the Civil War, like every Republican likes to believe. It was hella racist then, it's somewhat less racist now, but still REALLY fucking racist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:

He's really good at using superficial gestures to bamboozle millions of gullible people, like almost everything he's done since declaring his candidacy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:

Or was there none?

Did many democrats leave the democratic party and join the republicans around the time of Nixon?

Perhaps something happened around 1964 which resulted in republicans focusing on white racist voters and caused the democratic party to become less racist with each passing year after then.

It's a mystery, isn't it!

--

My thumb of Terwox is presuming green text on his part.

Pot should be legalized. Coke should be legalized for sale in regulated environments (like a "coke" room at clubs). The drug war is destroying the ethical foundation of our police and judicial systems (and has already laid waste to the police and judicial systems of most countries south of us in this hemisphere as well as providing military grade weapons to drug gangs).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
surprise Cocaine was used as the means in which it became "demonized" with 'inciting' NON-Whites unto 'rapine' of WHITE WOMEN!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:

Or was there none?

Did many democrats leave the democratic party and join the republicans around the time of Nixon?

Perhaps something happened around 1964 which resulted in republicans focusing on white racist voters and caused the democratic party to become less racist with each passing year after then.

It's a mystery, isn't it!

Less racist perhaps. No less bigoted, though. That religion bashing thread is what, 36 pages now and climbing?

Betting that one leans heavy lefty douchebag and mostly Dem voters.

But humans will human and some just gotta hate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

He's really good at using superficial gestures to bamboozle millions of gullible people, like almost everything he's done since declaring his candidacy.

Does this admins racism extend to asians?
Or is just blacks?
Or Hispanics?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:

Or was there none?

Both were. And both weren't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

Or is just blacks?
Or Hispanics?

Is this English?

I need you to step up your game if you're going to be involved in discourse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

Or is just blacks?
Or Hispanics?

Is this English?

Oh sorry.
Ill put this in english you understand.
Does this fucking administrations racism extend to people that are fucking asian?
Since Trump picked Elaine Fucking Chao for transportation secretary?
Or does the Trump administration only hate fucking black people?
And what about Hispanics? Does the Trump administration fucking hate them too?
Is that better fuck face?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Staff
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like Shampoodouche is still bitter after the left was top turnbuckle piledrived then Snuka splashed by his tag-team partner then smashed with a steel chair by their manager.
1!
2!
3!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

Or is just blacks?
Or Hispanics?

Is this English?

Oh sorry.
Does this fucking administrations racism extend to people that are fucking asian?

I asked you to step up your English game, not your profanity game. But I suppose you couldn't resist since you only communicate via lowest common denominator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

Or is just blacks?
Or Hispanics?

Is this English?

Oh sorry.

I asked you to step up your English game, not your profanity game. But I suppose you couldn't resist since you only communicate via lowest common denominator.

The LCD? That would be you right?
So you have nothing.
Got it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
Diabolik771 wrote:
Sounds like Shampoodouche is still bitter after the left was top turnbuckle piledrived then Snuka splashed by his tag-team partner then smashed with a steel chair by their manager.
1!
2!
3!

only fans of homoeroticism watch wrestling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
single sentences wrote:
Diabolik771 wrote:
1!
2!
3!

only fans of homoeroticism watch wrestling

Now now. If he's into that, is it really a problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.