Hide
4 Posts

Agents of SMERSH» Forums » Rules

Subject: End of Game Help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron Gamer
msg tools
Situation: Two-player game; Dr Lobo is on the next-to-last track position; my character has 3 of 4 injuries; Location track is on position 3.

I move my character to the location city and fight a henchman. I roll three dice, with a single gun and a single injury.

Did we win the game or lose? The gun would indicate a success which would move the location track to space four, which would trigger end of game (and all intel matches what is needed - win). But the injury would also force an advancement of the Lobo track to the last space, which would be a loss. So we're not sure how those should be ordered/scored and if we won/lost. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crouch
United States
Valrico
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that you lose the game because the injury happens during the encounter and you don't check for the win condition until after completing the encounter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically, you perform a Villain Advancement when an agent takes max. wounds. Some of the Villain Advancement cards either deal an injury to all agents or back Lobo up 1 space (the two "-1" cards). So you should still draw a Villain Advancement card to see if you get lucky and pull a card that doesn't actually advance Lobo. If you do draw a card that advances Lobo, you lose the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Gamer
msg tools
Ok - thanks. Seems clear that the villan advancement happens first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.