Popular Tags: [View All]
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Scn 13.
Full map width across or exactly down the road? same North and south exactly down road/river line?
Please assist. Being trying to find out for a week now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Whittemore
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The scenario instructions:
Quote:
The play area includes the area between the Caen-to-Thury-Harcourt
highway and the Caen-to-Argences-to-St. Pierre-sur-Dives
highway/road, inclusive.

I read this as:

1. Caen is in play.

2. Anything to the left of the Caen-to-Thury-Harcourt highway is out of play.

3. Anything to the right of the Caen-to-Argences-to-St. Pierre-sur-Dives highway/road is out of play.

4. Anything south of Thury-Harcourt and St. Pierre-sur-Dives is in play.

So you are looking at a triangular play area with Caen at the apex, the bottom of the map as the base, and the two roads as the sides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Thanks Clay.
I appreciate someone forming an opinion. One other factor is that units can setup within 3 hexes of Caen. Which annoying puts them outside the boundary.

I think we gunna reset this one and go from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

Sorry I have been busy.

The boundaries are exactly as written; the roads listed and the area between them, plus Caen. Place units accordingly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Cool. thats what we wanted to know. Thanks Dan.

1/ So the unit from the 189 Fus. 89th should either be ignored in the game or placed somewhere else? He starts E1031 2 hexes south of map edge.

2/ Same for units from 272?: iv272 Arty & HQ [hex 4704]

I'm guessing pop them on the road?

3/ Same for the setup instructions "within 3 of Caen" its within 3 subject to the map boundaries?

- 1 last item for the next living rules: Scenario is set August 8th but the special conditions refer to June etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin,

This goes back awhile; let me take a look. For now, consider the boundary to be based on the smaller road to Cesny, then south to Magny. Those units do not move anyway unless the Brits hit them.

The scenarios were designed on the regular maps; late in we decided to produce those projections on the back and I think that probably explains the Fus 189. Just bring it up to the map edge if using that smaller map.

Setup is definitely based on the map boundaries. This was a narrow attack, and the staging units were really packed into the Caen area waiting for the jump-off. So no, the right corner of the map is off-limits because other units not represented were present there.

Yes, that should say 7 Aug not 7 June..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Thanks for the assist. Just trying to see if this is a smash mouth fight ? - YES, or a maneuver fight.

Appreciate you looking at this from so long ago. Both I and my opponent enjoy the elegance of the design and ease of play. We are digging in and finding nice layers too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.