6 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Rules

Subject: Imperial Assault Ally/Villian Side Missions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John J

Maine
msg tools
New to the game and looking for guidance on how/when the ally pack and villain pack side missions get incorporated into the campaign.

I know the core side mission are used to create a side mission deck during campaign set up. Can I add expansion side missions then?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ally packs come with side missions (mostly green, some gray) which rebels can select when making up the side mission deck. (If the time periods match. But the time period rules mainly restrict Han and Luke during the Return to Hoth campaign.)

Villain packs come with agenda sets that include agenda side missions. The sets are available to be selected when the imperial player makes up the agenda deck. (If the time periods match. But the time period rules mostly restrict Han and Luke during the Return to Hoth campaign.)

Some packs (Obi-Wan, The Grand Inquisitor, Greedo) come with item cards you can add to the item decks.

I.e. various things from the expansions are added into their respectively supplies, so they are available at the start of the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John J

Maine
msg tools
Thanks. So I don't have to wait to be "awarded" these allies or villains? That seemed to be the sentiment in the rules as far as gaining the heros/villains included in the campaign? Or do those side missions actually award you that hero/villain (in full disclosure I haven't opened any of the ally packs yet)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at the side mission cards. The allies / unique villains are gained as rewards when the respective side wins their mission.

They work in the same way as the Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader expansions that are included with the core set. (And the Rebel Trooper, Rebel Saboteur, Han Solo, and Chewbacca green side missions from the core.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John J

Maine
msg tools
I'll do that. Thanks for all of your help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
There are also some missions that let you play an Ally/villain for free, but you don't necessarily gain them afterward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.