Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Boecker
United States
Scranton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is correct, I'm just looking for confirmation.

My Dwarf uses the Adventure action which allows him to Forge a weapon and then/or undertake two level 1 Expeditions. Let's say he has a current Weapon strength of 6.

For his first level 1 Expedition, He chooses "after Expedition all Weapons +1". His first Expedition has now concluded. His Weapon strength goes up +1 because of his chosen Expedition reward (as do the Weapon strengths of any other Dwarfs in his following who currently have a weapon), and he himself gains an additional +1 as XP for undertaking an Expedition. His Weapon strength is now 8.

He then undertakes his second level 1 Expedition. He chooses the same exact reward. All Dwarfs gain another +1 to their Weapon strengths. On top of that, he himself gains an additional +1 for a grand total of Weapon strength 10. Correct?

tl;dr Can a Dwarf potentially raise his own Weapon strength +4 by using the Adventure action?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cru Jones
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you are correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Dill
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BEQR wrote:

For his first level 1 Expedition, He chooses "after Expedition all Weapons +1". His first Expedition has now concluded. His Weapon strength goes up +1 because of his chosen Expedition reward (as do the Weapon strengths of any other Dwarfs in his following who currently have a weapon)

Is this true? We've always played where the extra +1 from the expedition reward only applies to the dwarf on the expedition.

If that's the case, I probably would have won quite a few more of my games with my adventure strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
mueganra wrote:
BEQR wrote:

For his first level 1 Expedition, He chooses "after Expedition all Weapons +1". His first Expedition has now concluded. His Weapon strength goes up +1 because of his chosen Expedition reward (as do the Weapon strengths of any other Dwarfs in his following who currently have a weapon)

Is this true? We've always played where the extra +1 from the expedition reward only applies to the dwarf on the expedition.

If that's the case, I probably would have won quite a few more of my games with my adventure strategy.

The dwarf adventuring gets a +1 bonus. The level 1 loot reward gives a +1 bonus to all of your dwarves with weapons.

So in the OPs example, the dwarf adventuring gets +4 weapon strength and all other dwarves with weapons get +2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elena Litovka
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
asmiles wrote:
The dwarf adventuring gets a +1 bonus. The level 1 loot reward gives a +1 bonus to all of your dwarves with weapons.

Thank you! Now I know something new too It was very unclear in Russian rulebook
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.