War of the Ring (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: When the *%^ is my AE arriving?! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Tumpane
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Just kidding. Anybody boiling with anger at what they thought was another shitpost? Well, I guess this is still a shitpost. But hey, I'm just sitting here waiting for my AE like a giddy child. So, riddle me this:

What was your most amazing WOTR victory (or defeat) story?

You know, like an army of dwarves led by legolas retaking a beseiged Dol Amaroth for the win or something like that... An Army of Northmen sacking Barad Dur and Morannon? Let's hear it!

Or anything awesome WOTR related!

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Meyers
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

An AWESOME title!!!

Patiently awaiting mine too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Maxfield
msg tools
mbmbmb
I have never played the game yet, and I cannot wait for the day that I get to open this amazing box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can wait as long as it takes. The sooner the better of course, but I'm still enjoying thinking about it arriving.

I'm particularly interested in the new books.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
I sold my 2nd edition copy to pay for AE. So I am impatient!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genestealer Patriarch
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After stranding Frodo in the rubble of Minas Tirith with about 8 corruption, I made a hopeless attack on Dol Guldur with Gandalf and the Lorien army. Only a lone regular elf survives to garrison the fortress with the wizard. After moving, the SP has 3 attack dice to get it back with the Witch King and his mob out of Moria. He only needs to roll a single six in about 15 rolls... but doesn't. FP military victory at the end of the turn!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Life is game, you gotta enjoy the journey.
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb
Liverportlandia wrote:
Just kidding. Anybody boiling with anger at what they thought was another shitpost? Well, I guess this is still a shitpost. But hey, I'm just sitting here waiting for my AE like a giddy child. So, riddle me this:

What was your most amazing WOTR victory (or defeat) story?

You know, like an army of dwarves led by legolas retaking a beseiged Dol Amaroth for the win or something like that... An Army of Northmen sacking Barad Dur and Morannon? Let's hear it!

Or anything awesome WOTR related!

Cheers

Sold my CE long time ago. Regretted it ever since. Will patiently await this one. Altough I still want that box from the old days... looks so good.

No amazing WOTR stories, played it too long ago. Will need to play it again as I know it is a great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Tumpane
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Patriarchxyz wrote:
After stranding Frodo in the rubble of Minas Tirith with about 8 corruption, I made a hopeless attack on Dol Guldur with Gandalf and the Lorien army. Only a lone regular elf survives to garrison the fortress with the wizard. After moving, the SP has 3 attack dice to get it back with the Witch King and his mob out of Moria. He only needs to roll a single six in about 15 rolls... but doesn't. FP military victory at the end of the turn!

Holy smokes I bet he was fuming! That is awesome though. My friend when playing as the FP always says, "Not Idly do the leaves of Lothlorien fall" whenever Lorien units are attacked... sounds like you lived that motto
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Tumpane
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Nevin wrote:

Oh man, I would be too! I told my buddy I am selling mine as soon as AE arrives. Oh well, hang in there buddy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ira Fay
United States
New Haven
CT
flag msg tools
designer
:-)
badge
Fay Games logo
mbmbmbmbmb
I once won as FP on turn 3 by walking some Elves into an empty Moria and Dol Guldor when shadow rolled 5 eyes and 2 palantirs that turn, and could do nothing but watch as a single elf regular walked into each!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Similar to Ira, I faced a Shadow player who got a hopeless action roll while bent on an early capture of Minas Tirith. In turn 2, the two regulars in Osgiliath had scouted to North Ithilien, but could not take a now-empty Minas Morgul because Gondor was still one step from At War. When the Shadow rolled too many Eyes and Event dice on turn 3, it all came together like a puzzle. My action roll was a muster (Gondor to war), an Army/Muster (regular takes Minas Morgul, other regular to Dagorlad), an Event die (play We Prove the Swifter to separate Gandalf the Grey to Dagorlad), and a Character die, which I could now use with Gandalf to march the regular into Morannon for a Turn 3 FPMV win. Shortest game of WotR I ever played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ira Fay
United States
New Haven
CT
flag msg tools
designer
:-)
badge
Fay Games logo
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's hilarious, Raf! Where was the shadow army from Morannon? It's hard to imagine how they got an army to MT and Osgiliath without going through Dagorlad or North Ithilien. Maybe they left the army back in Barad-Dur and just merged Minas Morgul with Morannon?!

Do you have a log of the game? I feel like a Turn 3 FPMV is perhaps the fastest win possible, for either side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Barad-dur Army + Morannon went towards DEW if I'm not mistaken. It is possible there was a turn more in there, I'm going from distant memory. Not sure I still have the log.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Springer
United States
Brooklyn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nevin wrote:

I sold my first edition copy + first expansion. Which still only paid for half the cost of the AE, but I think it'll be worth it :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.