$35.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: What game is this a picture of? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Likeness
msg tools
mbmbmb
Not sure where to post this. Anyone have any idea what game this is a picture of? It was used as the generic picture for an online article about board games. The article did not discuss this particular game.

https://www.shutterstock.com/pic-492708238/stock-photo-sever...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if it's not a real game and just something generic ShutterStock created to avoid potential copyright issues?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Looking at both images posted for this, it's clear that the board shows the western US but with some different borders - Texas is divided into two areas and I don't know what is going on with New Mexico and Arizona. Since the eastern bit of Texas is not shown I suspect the board for the game is actually in two pieces and only one is shown.

My first guess would be a post-apocalyptic game of some sort, but not one I have seen.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"32 inches of Plexi....for your pleasure"
mbmbmbmb
Ahh, it looks super familiar, and it's going to eat at me all day...Damn you Bokeh!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coniff
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
"Behold, a treasure more valuable than gold."
mbmbmbmbmb
Dojo666 is the shuttershock user who uploaded the photo. He has several others of the same concept (falling die, blurred board), but none really give a clearer look at the board.

EDIT: I also think he may be Russian, so maybe that info could help?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Hodge
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Well, it's no Ginkgopolis...
mbmbmbmbmb
tool wrote:
Looking at both images posted for this, it's clear that the board shows the western US but with some different borders - Texas is divided into two areas and I don't know what is going on with New Mexico and Arizona. Since the eastern bit of Texas is not shown I suspect the board for the game is actually in two pieces and only one is shown.

My first guess would be a post-apocalyptic game of some sort, but not one I have seen.


HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW?!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Bass
United States
Venice
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terminator Salvation, but don't tell Chapel.
18 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"32 inches of Plexi....for your pleasure"
mbmbmbmb
chockle wrote:
Terminator Salvation, but don't tell Chapel.


Ahhhh, nice. Now I can get back to work.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chockle wrote:
Terminator Salvation, but don't tell Chapel.


Wow nicely done. I'm impressed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
punkin312 wrote:
tool wrote:
Looking at both images posted for this, it's clear that the board shows the western US but with some different borders - Texas is divided into two areas and I don't know what is going on with New Mexico and Arizona. Since the eastern bit of Texas is not shown I suspect the board for the game is actually in two pieces and only one is shown.

My first guess would be a post-apocalyptic game of some sort, but not one I have seen.


HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW?!


If anyone had ever described the game in some detail I would have.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Hodge
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Well, it's no Ginkgopolis...
mbmbmbmbmb
venrondua wrote:
chockle wrote:
Terminator Salvation, but don't tell Chapel.


Wow nicely done. I'm impressed.


I think he found out since he went to BGG user Dojo666 and looked at his owned games list.

At least I was doing that to try and find out. :) Sure enough he has that game.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
What game is this a picture of?

I'm pretty sure it's the My Little Pony version of Monopoly.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Likeness
msg tools
mbmbmb
chockle wrote:
Terminator Salvation, but don't tell Chapel.


Perfect - thank you!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.