Popular Tags: [View All]
Carolyn Choate
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
So The Game Crafter is having an adventure game challenge and I'm working like crazy to get my game ready. I have five days left before I have to submit!

Today I finished my rulebook and I would love to get some feedback on it.

Here is the page you can download it from if you'd be willing to take a look. Thanks!

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/exile-in-the-forest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Carolyn,

I'm a bit short on time at the moment and I've only had a quick glance through your rulebook, so I can only give you some first impressions.

My main comment is that it is not really clear how the game is structured: you have just made "beginning", "movement", "events", etc., sections, with nothing to tie them together. I would recommend having a section outlining the way the entire game plays, and then a section outlining what happens on each player's turn. Then your other sections can provide the details.

Do all player pawns start in the same circle or different ones?

Are the symbols at the top of page 4 the player symbols? If so, why are they the same as the skill symbols?

Good luck with the contest!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.