Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Robinson
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was Thanksgiving afternoon after we had filled ourselves with turkey, sides, and desserts.

I decided to pull out a quick simple game after playing to relatively long games.

I was playing with my younger brother and parents.
We cleared through the first dungeon quite easily defeating every monster that was thrown at us.

At this point, my brother was winning, but not by much.
The next dungeon is where craziness started.
We pick our cards then flip them. My brother turns over a 1, the rest of us turn over 4s. That's right the rest of the table all pulled the same number. We all had a good chuckle about this, while my brother is handing over all of his red gems to the Spoils chest.
Next monster comes out. We all show our cards. My brothers shows a 2, the rest of the table, by chance, show 3s. We're all laughing pretty hard about this while my brother is turning in his yellow gems.
The fourth monster is pulled and guess what happens again, my brother flips over a 3 while the rest of the table flips over the exact same number AGAIN, 5s.
Trust me, we did not plan this. We all just happen to be choosing the same exact cards.
At this point, the table is in tears laughing so hard, except of course my brother.
The fourth and final monster is pulled and my brother losses yet again, fortunately for him he had no gems to turn in.

On to the third and final dungeon.

We lost against the first two monsters because my mom and I both threw the exact same number, and again my brother had the low number.
The third monster my brother shows a high number battle card but my mom and dad tied for the low card. They had to hand over blues and yellows.

Finally, the last monster has arrived. Three people tied by throwing the same card, my brother throws a high card this time,and at the right time. The last monster was a weak one. My brother's card was just powerful enough to defeat the monsters. Since the rest of us tied, we didn't get any of the Spoils. My brother was able to collect the card reward plus the Spoils!

After the game, we found out it was par of his plan! He said when he lost all his gems he realized he could get them back by continually throwing low, and hoping people would keep turning the same number battle card. Then at the very end throw high and win it all.

We had very little success in this playthrough but still had a ton of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.